Search results

1. Dachd

Ice/Water Line Feed From Water Heater Cold Supply?

Is this setup (to feed an ice/water dispenser on a fridge): A. Code-compliant? B. Advisable? The water heater was installed new in 2019. I read that modern water heaters have built-in check valves on the supply side, but I did notice that the supply side gets pretty warm at times, up to about...
  2. Dachd

S-Curve Shower Arm Extension Threads & Sealing

Have a shower with a very low (68") shower arm. I've found lots of S-curve shower arm extensions (examples below), but all of them seem to have IPS threads instead of NPT threads. If I use rectorseal or a combo of rectorseal and teflon tape, will I be able to get a good leak-free seal?
  3. Dachd

Delta Shower Wall Set Adhesive & Sealant Recommendations

I'm going to installing this Delta shower wall set in a remodel project: https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/B67311-4834-WH.html#undefined It's a direct-to-stud wall set. The instructions show to use "adhesive" to bond the back and side walls to the studs (in addition to screws)...
  4. Dachd

Bidet Opinions, Please

Hello all! I'm trying to decide between two different bidets: Toto C100 Washlet TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White What I like about the C100: >It's made by Toto BioBidet Supreme BB-1000 Elongated White Bidet Toilet Seat Adjustable Warm Water...
  5. Dachd

Roman Tub Trim Compatibility

Hello! I'm looking to replace my roman tub trim. The existing drain vent on the tub is marked as Delta, but neither the spout or faucets have any markings. Attached is a composite pic showing what the spout and handle mounts look like. The house was built in 2004. Does this setup look like...
  6. Dachd

Installing New Toto Drake

I've done enough home improvement projects in prior homes to know that much of the time a simple project can end up to be much more than I've expected... Our current home is around 13 years old, and is a single story built on a concrete slab, located in Northwest Arkansas. Based on the home's...
  7. Dachd

Brand New DAMAGED Water Heater Installed Yesterday - Should I worry?

Calling all experts/pros: Yesterday, I had a Bradford White water heater professionally installed, my american water heater had died. I was very pleased with plumber, the service, and the water heater appears to be working great. Just one possible problem that I didn't realize at the...
  8. Dachd

Machine Gun Shower

Hello, I live in a ranch house on a slab (NW AR), when the shower in the bathroom @ one end of the house is used, you can distinctly hear a rapid tapping/banging in the pipes @ the other end of the house. At first I thought it was a leaky diverter spout valve, so I removed the spout and...
  9. Dachd

Water Heater prices and installation

Hello All! I'm looking at getting Bradford White GX-1-55S6BN...is $1,204 a good price? Here's a link: http://www.pexsupply.com/Bradford-White-GX-1-55S6BN-55-Gallon-80000-BTU-High-Performance-Atmospheric-Vent-Residential-Water-Heater-Nat-Gas Also, what should it cost, roughly to have this...
  10. Dachd

Water Heater Help

Hello All! We are a family of 6 with a 50 gallon gas water heater, kids showers & baths used to be primarily @ night, but the kids are getting older and they're now more in the mornings. 6 people trying to shower one after the other every morning...you're getting the picture! What would be...
  11. Dachd

Cast Iron Baseboard---shorten?

Hello all! I've got some experience installing cast iron radiators, but I've got one here that I'm unsure about. It's the cast iron baseboard radiator pictured below. This thing has what look like 2 seams, one 4' from one end, the other 3.5' from the other end...looks like it might be 3...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks