Search results

1. Dachd

Ice/Water Line Feed From Water Heater Cold Supply?

Thanks, everyone! Looks like I'll need to go another route.
  2. Dachd

Ice/Water Line Feed From Water Heater Cold Supply?

Is this setup (to feed an ice/water dispenser on a fridge): A. Code-compliant? B. Advisable? The water heater was installed new in 2019. I read that modern water heaters have built-in check valves on the supply side, but I did notice that the supply side gets pretty warm at times, up to about...
  3. Dachd

S-Curve Shower Arm Extension Threads & Sealing

Have a shower with a very low (68") shower arm. I've found lots of S-curve shower arm extensions (examples below), but all of them seem to have IPS threads instead of NPT threads. If I use rectorseal or a combo of rectorseal and teflon tape, will I be able to get a good leak-free seal?
  4. Dachd

Delta Shower Wall Set Adhesive & Sealant Recommendations

Just a follow up for anyone who may have the same question I did. I ended up using DAP Dynagrip Tub Surround. Almost no odor, no burn-through, and worked great. Shower walls have been up for well over a month now with no issues.
  5. Dachd

Thanks, Tuttles Revenge, but I can't find that locally and I'm planning to install the shower walls this weekend. Any other specific recommendations? Anyone?
  6. Dachd

I'm going to installing this Delta shower wall set in a remodel project: https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/B67311-4834-WH.html#undefined It's a direct-to-stud wall set. The instructions show to use "adhesive" to bond the back and side walls to the studs (in addition to screws)...
  7. Dachd

Bidet Opinions, Please

Thanks, Terry!
  8. Dachd

Bidet Opinions, Please

Good catch! But, not an issue in this case :-)
  9. Dachd

Bidet Opinions, Please

Hello all! I'm trying to decide between two different bidets: Toto C100 Washlet TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White What I like about the C100: >It's made by Toto BioBidet Supreme BB-1000 Elongated White Bidet Toilet Seat Adjustable Warm Water...
  10. Dachd

Roman Tub Trim Compatibility

Just to follow up: It does fit! I found a great deal on the tub trim on eBay...got it for $122!
  11. Dachd

Okay, here are a couple additional pics that show the original/current trim and one of the faucet valves without the trim:
  12. Dachd

Hello! I'm looking to replace my roman tub trim. The existing drain vent on the tub is marked as Delta, but neither the spout or faucets have any markings. Attached is a composite pic showing what the spout and handle mounts look like. The house was built in 2004. Does this setup look like...
  13. Dachd

Installing New Toto Drake

Definitely the PRV, first of all, it was set to max pressure, I brought it the whole way out, relieved the pressure, and within 5 minutes it creeps back up to 150psi. Who knows how long it's been like this. I ordered a repair kit for the PRV.
  14. Dachd

I'll check the tank size this afternoon after work. It is a new tank, less than 2 years old. The PRV is as old as the house (2005).
  15. Dachd

There is an expansion tank on the water heater.
  16. Dachd

Okay, we DO have a PRV right at our main shut off in our garage. I placed the gauge on our outdoor hose, and it's at 150psi!!! 2 questions: 1. Is it possible the outdoor spigot bypasses the PRV somehow? Wouldn't we have a ton of other problems if all our plumbing was at 150psi? 2. The tag...
  17. Dachd

Not sure if there's a PRV or not, but I do have a spigot guage, what should the max pressure be?
  18. Dachd

Yeah, forgot to mention that, already replaced the shutoffs along with the toilets (used 1/4 turn ball valves), also tried throttling with said valves, but that made for really loud, slow fills. I'll try the hammer arrestors I linked to above, will let you all know how it goes. Thanks!
  19. Dachd

How about one of these "Mini Rester" devices: http://amzn.com/B000JRGAMQ ???
  20. Dachd

Hi Guys! I finally got our two Toto Drakes installed over the weekend, thanks to your help, the installs went really smoothly, thank you! The only issue we are having now, is since the drakes were installed, we are now experiencing water hammer from both units once the tank fills and the fill...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks