Search results

1. Obsoperator

hose bib sounds like a jack hammer

My own diagnosis is that the backflow preventor (white nylon, plus some O-rings and a washer) is not the source of the noise. There is no discharge from the backflow preventor during the noise. Now that I have opened up the American valve (from HD or Lowes, don't remember) I can see that the...
  2. Obsoperator

Cold usage pulls hot water lines?

Well, +$150 price alone, if not the adjustable thermostat with a plastic knob. And the diagram indicates that it has check valves built into it. I really meant "high-end" in comparison to the old-style, steam-whistle shaped Watts tempering valve I bought for my toilet tanks years ago. I...
  3. Obsoperator

Cold water flow into hot pipes Thanks for your comment hj. I was trying to raise the possiblity (?) that the check valves are limed up in the high-end Watts tempering valve, and that cold water usage is pulling hot water backwards through the water heater. That hot water would be replaced by...
  4. Obsoperator

I live in a large 1955 ranch house with a 50' insulated 1/2" copper horizontal run from the water heater to the kitchen. The 3/4" copper cold water runs 50' from the service valve to the water heater. When I run a lawn sprinkler from a hose, it seems like even a recently used hot water faucet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks