Search results

1. T

No hot Water on Single Handle in Shower

It actually wasn't the cartridge, my kids had been moving the handle up and down really quick and I didn't think anything about it. Then when I pulled everything apart I noticed a chunk of rubber on the back of the handle control. When I popped the cover off of where the mixer disc is, on of...
  2. T

Point well help

I haven't been on here since June of last year, asking about help with installing a point well. Well I used all the information that was given to me, and it worked out terrific. I was able to core a hole through my basement floor and pound a 1 1/4" point 13 feet down and get great water flow...
  3. T

No hot Water on Single Handle in Shower

I've got a Kohler Single Handle valve in my guest bathroom, and the hot water will ONLY come on it the fully open position at 12 oclock. And then it is just a trickle at that. I have plenty of cold water but no hot. I've got hot water everywhere else in the house, and even in the same...
  4. T

Almost done with the point

Ok, makes sense. That's why I'm in here to get advice from those who know. So what should I do instead? Just run it off of the actual jet pump or get a larger tank. If I were to run it off the actual pump, with no tank, wouldn't I need to put a switch at my spigot to turn the pump on and...
  5. T

Now that I have the point installed, I need to get the pump. I want to get a pump with a tank attached to it so I can tie into my existing spigots piping. I will be bypassing my water softener and will have shut off valves in the piping. I was thinking of a Wayne pump with the 8 gallon tank...
  6. T

I originally posted questions in the irrigation section, and got a lot of help. But I've been reading more of the posts in this section and have gotten even more help. I've pounded the point down 7 feet from my basement floor and have a foot of water over the 3 foot point. To those of you who...
  7. T

Hand Driven Well Newbie

StevenB, I'm in the same boat as you are, I started driving my point not to long ago and ran into problems with the sledge hammer like I found out on here. You can get a fence post driver from most home improvement stores. I was able to get mine at M E N A R D S. Only problem is, it's...
  8. T

Driving first point well need a little help

Speedbump, Quick question for you. The hammer that you made, how much does it weigh. I bought a fence post driver, but after 5 solid hits on the pipe, it only drove it down about a 1/2 inch. I was able to get more out of my hand sledge. I'm probably going to alter the driver by...
  9. T

Cheapest way to wire a long distance valve?

What you may want to try, it's a bit cheaper, is if you can get ahold of some Cat5 communications cable. Make sure it's Non-Plenum or PVC as it's called by some. It's got 4 pairs in it at 24 gauge. I've taken each pair and twisted each individual wire from each pair together to make up the...
  10. T

alright, I'll try a fence post driver. I was thinking of making one that would fit over the drive cap, but I may just change out the drive cap to a coupling that the fence post driver would fit over. Thanks for the advice.
  11. T

Ok, I've been reading some of the other posts regarding point wells and how to get the best possible flow from them. It's a heck of a lot more information than I've found anywhere else, so anyone that has contributed to the others in need, THANKS. So my question is this. I've already...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks