Search results

1. fornarog

Old Hot Water Heater = Legs----New Hot Water Heater = No Legs!

I have lived in an area with highly acidic water and have helped numerous friends replace HWHs over the years (including 2 of my own before installing a nuetralizer). I always put the ones I install up on brick sized pieces of treated lumber (3 arranged like wheel spokes) to separate the...
  2. fornarog

Lost water pressure

could also be possible that your impeller spun off on your submersible well pump. Mine acted the same way.
  3. fornarog

Moved Pres Tank/Nuetralizer/Softener now no cold water anywhere

I can't say thank you enough to everyone for your advice. Unfortunately, my line of work doesn't lend itself to be able to repay the favor, but I am somewhat of an expert by experience in repairing and servicing travel trailers (campers) so if you have a question, feel free to PM me. Greg
  4. fornarog

Awesome! I am looking on your site now for resin and gravel. Thanks for everything!
  5. fornarog

I did reverse the plumbing on the softener. What a pain. If I could afford to have someone do this kind of work I would, but with 4 kids, I need every nickle these days. Hopefully, this stuff will flush through sooner than later. Thanks
  6. fornarog

Boy, what a job. It has almost kicked my tail completely. I still need to replace 2 valves in one Price-Pfister lavatory faucet (of course the local Home Depot doesn't carry that one), replace the filters in my Reverse Osmosis system, and re-charge the softener, then I am finished. Last...
  7. fornarog

Redwood, you were right. What a bushleague move. After I correctly hook up the softener, I need to start disassembling the faucets etc. Thanks!
  8. fornarog

the backwash cycle worked so I think thesoftener is fine
  9. fornarog

I was figuring that. Do you think it is the shut off valves or the actual faucets/ballcock assemblies? Thanks, Greg
  10. fornarog

I relocated my well pressure tank, neutralizer, water softener, and brine tank from the front of my basement to the opposite corner (I had a leak and it was way too close to the electric service panel). After all was done and everything was connected, I turned the pump on and opened the valve...
  11. fornarog

Is my submersible pump dead?

We woke up to no water this morning. I checked the circuit breakers and they were fine, re-set them anyway. Hit the lever on the side of the pressure switch and it had electricity coming to it (could tell by the spark on the contacts). We have no water running at all, either from the faucets...
  12. fornarog

problems with new pressure switch - did I screw something up????

Gary, Thanks. I am going out of town this weekend, but will drain/re-pressurize the tank next week. I'll post how it goes. I haven't tested the water for acidity yet, but will shortly. I have a manual backwash on the neutralizer. I try to do it monthly, but I must admit I am not to...
  13. fornarog

I have a tee set up I think from the water line coming in to the house, there is a tee connection. The nipple for the pressure valve screws into the top of the tee connection. This is where the water came out (even when the pump was not powered) after I "cleaned" it out with a screw...
  14. fornarog

How do you re-pressurize the system (other than the lever on the pressure switch)?
  15. fornarog

Thanks, The"checkvalve???" I am referring to is the fitting that the nipple??? (tube about 3" long that the pressure switch screws onto) goes into. When I removed the old switch, and the nipple, the nipple was severely clogged. The fitting it screwed into was clogged as well, so I cleaned...
  16. fornarog

Yesteday, I installed a new Square D Pumptrol switch because my water was stopping completely and the re-starting after 10-15 seconds. The frequency and duration of the stops had both been increasing. When I was replacing the nipple - it was clogged badly - in between the switch and the -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks