Search results

1. RonIdaho

Installing new Delta valves and want to save tiled walls

Mikey, I won't. One thing about local folks in a town of 60k. I've known him for 17 years. I sold him my old Bronco in '91. When I look at that pic of him working in that little hole in my wall, I just marvel that the job went like clockwork in spite of running into that stud in the wrong...
  2. RonIdaho

Delta cartridge problems

Online. They had a price of $169 for the 17455 and free shipping. I checked reviews on the company, found 4 of 5 positive ratings so I bought 'em. They arrived 3 days later, fastest shipping I've ever had. Checked Lowe's, mine were $93 each cheaper with the tax figured in. Also Lowe's said...
  3. RonIdaho

Delta cartridge problems

Diverter Check out my thread below: at least one photo shows my faucet with the top diverter. I got a better deal on three 17455 (tub and shower) kits than by buying the tub only and shower only kits so my tub only has a diverter on it even tho there's no shower. I lift that pin a quarter...
  4. RonIdaho

Delta cartridge problems

Delta faucet Hi, We just installed 3 Delta 17455 kits which have the same RP46463 cartridge and R10000 valve body you do. I checked one and it does the same thing you're describing--roughly halfway on (45 degrees) before flow starts. I run the tub at full bore anyway so not a problem. The...
  5. RonIdaho

Bath Tub Materials

Acrylic vs. C.I. Hi, We had a 42 x 60 acrylic tub installed after going through 2 fiberglass ones that delaminated. We were going to go cast iron, but the weight and cost differences were considerable. Cast iron tubs are much colder on the skin too. Our tub has been in for several years and...
  6. RonIdaho

To sum up Everything got done in 3 hours at a cost of $155 per valve. I have no idea if that is reasonable or not, but given the tight working conditions and the men not making any profit on the fixtures, plus the fact that it all turned out well leaves me to conclude that I got a pretty good...
  7. RonIdaho

As promised, I'm back to relate the details of how this project came out. As recommended, I contacted a plumber. The first one never got back to me. The second didn't sound too enthusiastic over the phone, but told me he'd call the next morning (June 11, 2008) at 8:30 am. Well, he did, right...
  8. RonIdaho

Addenda If I turn up anything useful as this job goes along I'll post it along with possible progress photos if I don't get in the plumber's way as possible help for the next guy.
  9. RonIdaho

I'm in the process of contacting experienced plumbers now to have them look at the job and possibly bid it. Thanks for your input.
  10. RonIdaho

Thanks for the tip. I checked around and could only find it in chrome or polished brass.
  11. RonIdaho

Back wall The wall behind the faucet in the photo is a wall in our master bedroom. The wall behind the tub in the master bath is part of the adjacent tiled shower and the wall behind that shower with the shower faucet on it is the toilet wall. No closets unfortunately. RonIdaho
  12. RonIdaho

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a retired mining engineer. Last fall, we started a remodel of our baths and kitchen. In addition to some expensive tile and granite, we went with Delta victorian bronze finish faucets and are carrying that theme throughout. I finished installing 1 kitchen and 4 bath...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks