Search results

1. A

Avoiding a dry drain trap

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions, think I'll just go and get some RV anti-freeze and try that.
  2. A

Avoiding a dry drain trap

I have a floor drain in the area below my washer on the second floor. Since the drain is never used - I'm concerned the trap will dry up. How do I avoid this, or are there special types of traps for this type of application? Of course, I can just dump a little water down it once in a while. Thanks.
  3. A

Help with rough-in of Samuel Heath V427 shower thermo

krow, yup, you are right, there is an adaptor pipe available from Sam Heath, 15mm plain end with a 3/4 NPT. By the way, Sam Heath have been very good to deal with - they respond quickly to emails and have fedex'd the part to me so I can have it within a few days.
  4. A

Hard to tell the make from the photo - Looks like a Sam Heath V429: http://www.samuel-heath.com/shbrowser/Products.aspx?ParentId=S550 They are made in England, nice stuff - that puppy retails for $3000 or so.
  5. A

Makes sense, the demo unit's original box was lost, and obviously they didn't need the tailpieces for the demo wall. When I saw the unit it looked visually like a 3/8 nipple was perfect for the job - I thought, piece o' cake... ...still can't find 15mm nipples in US at on-line sources.
  6. A

don't matter, there's no way you can fit a 5/8 OD pipe down a 15mm pressure fitting and a 1/2 OD pipe just slops around...
  7. A

Well, this was a demo unit, could have been on the show-room for years maybe, perhaps they now supply to US standards on this side of the pond, just a guess. The unit itself is in perfect condition (appearance). I'm going to go back to the plumbing supply place tomorrow since the guy I spoke...
  8. A

Well, SH has a pretty long history, I mean, these guys have been turning out quality product since 1825, not many plumbing companies can say that. ...any idea on a source? A quick websearch on 15mm brass nipples turned up plenty of websites in UK, NZ and AU... (and China of course) someone in...
  9. A

Hey, I agree, I would not normally buy this fixture, but it really is a beautiful bit of engineering and at 1/3rd list is was pretty afordable... I guess I know why now! Well, worse case, I get a buddy to turn a little off a 3/8" brass nipple for me! Having said that, Samuel Heath sells a lot of...
  10. A

I need to rough in a Samuel Heath V427 shower thermo, I bought the shower kit demo from a local plumbing supply place and it came with no instructions. The unit looks very easy to install, basically just 2 pressure fittings. A picture of the unit is here...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks