Search results

1. Rocknice21

Replace wall hung with rear discharge?

I just put a review on my rear flush toilet on the "quitest rear discharge" thread... the Sani-flo ends up about 7" or so off the finished floor. -Ryan
  2. Rocknice21

What's the quietest rear outlet toilet?

FOLLOW-UP: I went out on a limb and installed the Sani-Flo toilet this summer in our basement. You can see from the picture that the toiled mounts to the floor and ties into a long radius 3" PVC TEE. The 3" rubber coupling is sized for the OD of a 3" PVC fitting (not 3" PVC pipe). It just...
  3. Rocknice21

Rear Outlet Toilet Installation Question

How about the Saniflo? Has anyone looked at this toilet? It's strong enough to flush into the mascerating unit horizontally that pairs with it, so why wouldn't it work to just run into the drain pipe that runs behind it? The outlet is also WAY off the floor, so it'd allow a bit more...
  4. Rocknice21

What's the quietest rear outlet toilet?

How about the Saniflo? Has anyone looked at this toilet? It's strong enough to flush into the mascerating unit horizontally that pairs with it, so why wouldn't it work to just run into the drain pipe that runs behind it? The outlet is also WAY off the floor, so it'd allow a bit more distance...
  5. Rocknice21

Will my toilet suck my trub trap dry?

Haha, okay I'm convinced!! thanks a million Mark!
  6. Rocknice21

There's not a 2" vent anywhere. There are 3, 1.5" vents way upstream at the lavs and shower. I guess here is the money question. Would you plumb it this way in your house?? And aren't you only allowed to install AAVs above the fixture flood level? Plumber Jim, I would have to drill...
  7. Rocknice21

Great title huh? So thanks to everyone for what you've taught me since I've been asking questions on here. I have two pictures. The first is my overall bathroom plan. The two lavs and shower all have 1.5" vents right after the traps. (Don't worry, that toilet on the left side ties...
  8. Rocknice21

Vent solutions for LONG distance drains

so how would you all vent the toilet and tub?? (in the room on the right) The blue lines represent 2" runs of horizontal drain, and the red lines represent 3" runs. Look at my other drawings?? Is my overall plan flawed? Do the toilet and tub even need to have a vent before the stack...
  9. Rocknice21

Thanks for your continued help! I'm wanting to tackle this job this weekend! Yes, the toilet and tub are both emptying into the same horizontal run. Upstream of the tub, there is a shower and two sinks emptying into that run as well. Plumbing and venting those was no sweat though...
  10. Rocknice21

Check this drawing out. I had to split it into two files so sorry if it's tough to read. Will this venting work? If I move my vent upstream of the toilet, I will have to drill through 1 or 2 joists, and I can't run it less than 45 degrees from horizontal, right??
  11. Rocknice21

So if I move my 2"/3" adapter coupling upstream of where my tub drain ties in, it will be able to vent properly? Is this what is called a "wet" vent? leejosepho Many, many thanks for explaining the concept behind the vent function! I live in West Virginia, out of city limits, and am not...
  12. Rocknice21

Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem. How do you drain a whirlpool tub that has a drain that is 4 ft from any wall?? Can I just run a vent off of my main horizontal run? How far away can that be from the drain? I tried to draw my plan the best I could... The waste from the tub...
  13. Rocknice21

DWV remodel for new bathrool

I would invite you over, but for the gas prices... Thanks for taking a look. Are there any details I can clear up to help explain what is there? Sounds like drawing #1 is OUT. So let's look at #2. Would an AAV work for the toilet drain leg if I attached it with a normal tee just above...
  14. Rocknice21

DWV remodel for new bathrool

DWV remodel for new bathroom Terry and crew, I am a DIYer trying to route my DWV piping for a new bathroom i am building. The room used to be a bedroom and is on the 2nd story above an unfinished basement. The joists run from top left to bottom right (2X10s). I live in WV which does not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks