Search results

1. E

DIY Cast Iron to PVC project

it is lawful to use PVC for sewer drainage. it is not permissible to attach cast iron on TOP of PVC... and of course the plumber i consulted with, said he'd pull the necessary permits. nothing said here could encourage a homeowner to flaunt the law. i would hope people who come here make an...
  2. E

lol. comical... why are some pros so elitist about their profession? look, i didn't come here to be judged. just seeking a little advice on doing some repairs on my own home. btw, i had a plumber stop by today and he suggested the exact same thing that i asked about here; removing the elbow...
  3. E

But it really isn't pvc under cast iron.. You see where the cast iron elbow is for the toilet drain? Why can I melt the lead in that hub and install a donut, a small section of pvc and then a pvc wye for the two toilet drains?
  4. E

I'm not too concerned about Mass Law when it comes to doing repairs on my own home.. If they want to pay my mortgage then they can have all the say they want.. You said cast iron non hub? Why can't I use PVC? It will be a horizontal run, with no cast iron above..
  5. E

Are my only two options: 1. melt the lead in the hub and go the donut route? 2. cut the hub and use a non hub coupler?
  6. E

Yup, I'm in Mass.. Pics are coming in a few secs..
  7. E

Really? Well I guess that kills that idea...lol I'll post some pics in 30mins, maybe you can suggest another route to take. What I'm trying to do is add another bathroom, and I need another drain for the toilet..
  8. E

I'm getting ready to tackle this project but have a few questions about how to move forward. What I want to do is remove the main cast iron sewer drain in my basement and install a pvc pipe in between it and a cast iron stack going to the roof. Is this ok to do? Any recommendations...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks