Search results

1. AnthonyL

Replacing Main Panel

License only, but I live in a license only state too, but, no offense, after getting shoddy work on two occasions (one being extremely dangerous) I decided to do a lot of reading and examination of the electrical systems in my own houses. Having a degree in engineering helped as well...
  2. AnthonyL

Two lights on Two 3 way Switches...Only one comes on?

What a great site! I read the various replies to your original question and it doesnt seem like a reasonable "fix" was found? Maybe there was, it just seemed like there were many tangents . . . If you can replace the 12/3 between the two lights with 2 12/2, your problem will be solved. As...
  3. AnthonyL

3rd floor bathroom in 1924 house

Taysan: That gave me a little bit of an idea but Im not sure. Its becoming clear I will need to do some demo work on the second floor to access the lines down there. The 3rd floor space is 100% accessible. It seems I would either: (a) tie the drain lines into the existing 2nd floor...
  4. AnthonyL

Yikes! So, in that case there must be a vent line connection somewhere between the 1st and 2nd floor for those two baths? Or, is it possible they were not concerned with that in 1924??? I guess my idea for a third floor bath will be virtually impossible until I can do some major demo work...
  5. AnthonyL

Replace or repair windows?

Save your old windows! Replacement windows are nowhere near as good as your old wood windows!!! Sure, they're easy to install and no maintenance. But they're ugly and overrated! I own a 1926 house that had its original windows intact. Rehabbing them is a very, very, very ardous task...
  6. AnthonyL

I own an old 1924 2-family in Providence. I have decided I wish to add a half bath in the attic space (some time down the road I plan to put a nantucket style dormer in this area but want the toilet, sink now) As far as I can tell there is no dry venting in the house? Is it possible for me to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks