Search results

1. Mnalep

Just notice some water around the anode rod nut.

Was checking out my Whirlpool hot water heater, and I notice some water around the 1-1/16 nut, where the anode rod is screwed into the tank. I am thinking water may be leaking from the anode rod nut, and that if I get a new anode rod and replace the old one, that may solve my issue. The tank is...
  2. Mnalep

Basement floor drain backs up from kitchen drain. Are they connected?

I have a two story home. Two kitchens, on both levels, drain into 1 drain line to the basement. (I believe there used to be two drains into the basement, as there is a 2nd 'open hole' in basement floor, and there used to be a 2nd vent in the roof.) Anyways, on occasion, I get water coming up...
  3. Mnalep

Faucet sink leaking, cold water tailpiece.

(Sorry, I posted this question earlier in the wrong form (showers and bathtubs) ... so I am reposting here. I have a very old faucet that has water dripping under the bathroom sink. The drip is on the threaded brass tailpiece that extends out the bottom of the sink where the cold water supply...
  4. Mnalep

Old bath sink, water leaking, thread on faucet tailpiece wet

I have a very old faucet that has water dripping under the bathroom sink. The drip is on the threaded brass tailpiece that extends out the bottom of the sink where the cold water supply line hook up to. I was wondering if the leak could be cause by an o-ring on the faucets stem? (If I can just...
  5. Mnalep

1 fuse getting hot, was corroded, fuse out, how do I fix?

So I had a fuse getting hot. I think water got behind fuse box over the summer. I caulked to hole from the outside that was in the brick. Six months later the fuse felt hot. I saw corrosion in the fuse. I put in a new fuse, but that did not resolve. Then I saw the copper strip behind the fuse...
  6. Mnalep

Winterize a Michigan house, is water shutoff at inside water meter sufficient?

Hello, I am likely going to winterize my 'galvanized steel' plumbing in a 2 story home. It's in Michigan, and no one is living in it right now. I watched some videos, and searched the net, but still have a question about shutting the water off at the meter in the basement versus 'at the...
  7. Mnalep

Seems my new millvolt gas valve turns off PILOT and MAIN BURNERS?

I have a problem with the new combination (White Rodgers 36C03U-433) valve that I just bought and installed on my milllivolt (thermopile generator) on Luxaire SH-125 gas furnace. The old valve had a pilot line that was fed off of a separate gas cock mounted just before the main gas cock...
  8. Mnalep

Toilet shut off valve no longer letting water in after I shut it to do some work

I have a need for some advice. I closed the supply line shutoff valve to the toilet this morning. Just wanted to clean the bowl. (I should have just left it alone) But when I opened the supply valve back up, no water is filling the tank? I tried several times to open/close/open, and the first...
  9. Mnalep

How do I test Millivolt valve system - Pilot is on, but main burner not lighting

I am trying to diagnose a problem with an old furnace. I have some pictures to help clarify what I have, a ThermoPILE system. The problem is that the PILOT flame is on, but the main burner does not always light. I cleaned all electrical contacts today with sandpaper, and made sure they...
  10. Mnalep

Advice for troubleshooting a bad circuit

Hello, I was hoping to find some advice to help me trouble shoot a portion of my home's wiring circuit that has stopped working. I have lost power to 7 lights. They are the font/back porch lights, basement light, stairway, hallway, 1 bedroom, bathroom, and the living room. I still have...
  11. Mnalep

Reduced voltage at outlets, and ground test question

Can voltage in a run of outlets/lights be reduced to the point it lights a test lamp, but not enough to light a 4 watt bulb? Below is a description of my problem: I have a run of three outlets (maybe other receptacles too) that ends with a ceiling light receptacle in the basement. The light...
  12. Mnalep

Help - Galvanized drain pipes/vent pipe in 2 story home is rusted, broken, leaking.

I have a 2 story flat. The galvanized pipes are rusted, and breaking, and leaking. The pipes are a combination of kitchen drain pipes for the upper level kitchen and lower story kitchen - and is part of what I think is also a vent pipe out the roof. My problem is the drain pipes coming...
  13. Mnalep

Is there a 3/8 compression to 3/8 Compression water shut off valve?

I want to put shut off valves under kitchen sink. I would like to just unscrew the 3/8 compression flexible hoses that go from the faucet to the old pipes, and insert a shut off valve there. I've been to Ace, Aco, and Home Depot, and none of them had this shutoff valve in this size. The closest...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks