Search results

1. Shallow Well

Red Lion Shallow well pump Problem?

I have a redlion 1/2 horse shallow well pump. The thin black polyurathane hose cracked and sprayed water on my pump also. I just replaced the hose and it works fine.
  2. Shallow Well

Sandpoint, Airbubbles in water

The screen is a high quality 40" Full Stainless steel continous slot, 10 slot that can't be found in big box or hardware stores.
  3. Shallow Well

sand point well

I had a problem with my pump continously running at 48lbs and not able to reach the cut off of 50lbs. The pump intake got hot. I adjusted the cut off to 40 lbs and it cut off just fine. After the watering season was over I took the pump apart and discovered that the impeller was splitting...
  4. Shallow Well

Up here in East Central Minnesota we do not get much more than 5gpm out of our sandpoints. Both my pitcher pump and jet pump produce the same 5gpm. I know of a few people in the area that are getting about the same or less yield as my well. The University of Minnesota extension office even...
  5. Shallow Well

Hello all, I drove in a sandpoint last summer and still have airbubbles in the water. The well never looses prime even when not pumping for weeks. I replaced all above ground pipeing and have not found any leaks on the suction side. The well has a very solid Hydrolic connection I determined...
  6. Shallow Well

sandpoint trouble

Speed bump is Correct As I found out the long slow hard way, the well point is the heart of the system. In my opinion with lots of reacherch You need to invest in a high quality stainless steel sloted point to get great short and long term results for your efforts to make a well produce...
  7. Shallow Well

Who's Lying? Well Pump & Tank

Dont forget be careful before you mess with the pressure switch in the case your wrench slips and hits a hot wire (that would make your problems even worse). I am no expert by far, but if it were my home the first thing I would do is replace all the 1/2 inch pipe going to the outside with...
  8. Shallow Well

New Driven well but low yield problem

Update Some interesting things happened in the last couple days since I installed my new Stainless steel slotted point. First I have to thank SpeedBump (Bob) for selling me a hard to find supreme quality well point at a very fair price! Bob has helped me greatly both on this forum and over...
  9. Shallow Well

new well - advice sought

Static water level You know I have not seen any posts where static water level was measured with just a simple 25' tape measurer. I tried the string thing, but fount that with tape when it hits the water it makes a sound through the pipe like a tape hitting water. Then all you have to do is...
  10. Shallow Well

Starting from scratch! Its time to start over from scratch! I believe the airbubbles are comeing from a bad joint in the Well Pipe. When i put my ear to the pipe I can hear air bubbles through the pipe every so often. So I pulled the well up again with a fake smile. As a Do it yourselfer with...
  11. Shallow Well

Sammy/speedbump, Thanks for your help so far. I did follow your advice and used the hand pump to clear the fines from the well, it took a couple hours to clear the fines but the well has been developed and alot of time has been taken in to hand pumping and surging...
  12. Shallow Well

Im stumped so far. The well is producing close to 5 gpm and this is what i am more than happy with, but I am getting a stream of small airbubbles comeing out of the hose. The pump also makes a sound that i think is cavitation. If I stick a garden hose on city water down the well pipe it will...
  13. Shallow Well

Replaced all driven pipe! I thought I had a leak in the well pipe so I pulled it and replaced it. This time I set the point down 24'. At this depth I have 7' of water from the tip of the point wich gives me 4' over the screen of the point. I am still getting airbubbles. I believe the 1/2...
  14. Shallow Well

I can see success in this project! Good news for tonight! After trashing on the pipe with a well puller and its 10' handle and not getting the well up even a milimeter out came the 12 ton hydrolic jacks. It took 2 - 12 ton hydrolic jacks (potental for 48 thousand pounds of upward force) and...
  15. Shallow Well

Tough time pulling well out! Today I have the well driven down to roughly 25 feet with water standing in the pipe at around 17 feet with 2.5 gpm. This is not enough for my needs to run a lawn sprinkler. So after work I set up the well puller and attempted to pull the well to find better flow...
  16. Shallow Well

Hello, I live in an area in central Minnesota with $110-$200 water bills/month (thats right per month) just for lawn sprinklers. So I decided to drive a well to remedy the high cost of water. I drove a 1 1/4 pipe with a 36'' point down 18 feet and no water in the pipe. I then drove down to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks