Search results

1. Crw1957

Pipe Dope, Plumbers Putty, or Teflon Tape?

I use tape. Sometimes tape and dope. Tape is great for PVC threads. I use dope on threads that require some lubricant to make them thread together easier as well as seal them. Megaloc brand works on PVC pipe as well as galv. and copper. As stated earlier, I sometimes use tape and dope on the...
  2. Crw1957

6" Certainteed Pipe splitting

This is a plastic line. Yes, it may be time to replace however, I am trying to do what I can to avoid that cost for my customer.
  3. Crw1957

6" Certainteed Pipe splitting

I have made 5 repairs to a 6" water line since October. The line is 6" SCH 40 Certainteed pipe. The line is splitting at various locations. We install a clamp and cover it up. The line feeds a 130 unit apartment complex. The pressure fluctuates from 55 to 75 PSI. Any ideas?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks