Search results

1. Shluffer

Min pipe size for a bathroom

All - thank you again for the help. Given the advice we opened the wall and removed the pipe 3 feet at a time. It took a while, but we now have 3/4 inch lines for both hot and cold up to the third floor. Now I get to figure out how to level a tub ....
  2. Shluffer

I would like to start with a thank you. I always find this forum helpful. Unfortunately the current limitation is 2 half inch pex lines. I'm fishing them by sliding them inside the old brass lines. I did put a camer through and found the issue with pulling the pipes out from the bottom, two...
  3. Shluffer

Pressure after the PRV is currently 70. I checked and I can adjust upwards over 100 (but I'm hesitant above 80) I'm going to connect the gage where the first bathroom fixture will be and add the numbers.
  4. Shluffer

The PRV is imediatly after the water meter, I have access, and I can adjust. My town has high water pressure. I dont remember what this house has before yhe prv. But my last house in the same area was over 100 psi. I also have a tee immediately after the PRV where I can read the pressure. I have...
  5. Shluffer

60 but I cam increase to 80. I can double check during lunch.
  6. Shluffer

Are you referring to where it comes in from the street (60 psi) or at the farthest reach of the water line? Tge former can be adjusted upwards. Probably north of 90 but I wouldnt want it above 75. I don't know how to calculate the second. I can put a gage on it if I need to.
  7. Shluffer

Thanks. I'll try to find another way to get a 3/4 inch pipe through. I'm down to cutting open walls which isn't an acceptable solution at the moment. In the event I can't find another way, will I have a pressure drop from the multiple fixtures when only 1 is in use?
  8. Shluffer

I'm updating a bathroom and replacing the old brass water lines. For the life of me I can't get the 3/4 PEX lines up to the bathroom, but was able to up 1/2 inch. Am I asking for trouble if I feed a shower, sink, and toilet branched off a 1/2 line? For clarity: 1) line from water heater to...
  9. Shluffer

Downflow gravity hydronic heating - bleeding radiators

My wife and I just closed on a house with what I think downflow gravity heating. My identification is baes on 2+inch pipe looped around the basement on the retun, 6 inch supply to the radiators, large compression tank in the crawlspace above the third floor, radiator lines are run vertically...
  10. Shluffer

Insulatiing an exterior wall - will this work?

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for there help with this. I appreciate your patiance in pulling the needed information out of me. The roof over this room is flat rolled aspholt. The rafters holding up the roof are 2X10s. The lathe (the ceiling is plaster) is connected directly to...
  11. Shluffer

I misunderstood the question. I was planning on either using deeper boxes (I can get them from an inch to 4 inches deep) or using flush mount boxes, not the boxes that mount on top of the sheetrock, rather the ones with tabs that hold it against the wall. for the ceiling I was going to go...
  12. Shluffer

I'll try to reply to everything at once. If more info is needed, let me know. I'm in CT so electricity and oil are rather expensive. We haven't yet decided how we are going to heat the room, so I can't answer how much it costs. Prior to this project, the room was allways cold and we used...
  13. Shluffer

I was searching the internet for different ways to insualte my sunroom, and I ran into an interesting idea. The gist of it is to insulate the cavity between the 2x4s with R-13, and install rigid foam board to close up the walls. He then sealed the seams with tape, added furring strips on top...
  14. Shluffer

Trying to add a GFI. Having a couple of problems

hj, I agree that I may have encountered a sitation that I do not have the knowledge to deal with. I am currently leaning towards either adding handy boxes where the wires are hanging so that I don't have live wires hanging from the ceiling, or calling an electrition and getting them to put...
  15. Shluffer

I edited my oiginal post to use panel and box. The way I wrote it was cofusing. The 110 220 wording is habit. Probably not a good one. Given that the first line (the one from the water heater) doesn't include a neutral, and had a 30 amp breaker, I'm going to add a handy box where it...
  16. Shluffer

I would like to add a couple of GFI outlets in my basement. I have two unused (or at least I think unused) electrical lines running to the area in question. Both dead end there (the wires were just left hanging in the open air, a discovery I'm not happy about). The first line is the old...
  17. Shluffer

Recipricating saw blades for plaster

I'm taking down a whole bunch of plaster with wire mesh under it. Any suggestions as to which blades I should use? I'm thinking about trying the diablo blades for metal. I figure at $3 the experiment isn't that bad if it fails. The other option is a carbide blade. They are rather...
  18. Shluffer

Widening an exterior door

I checked. the header goes all the way across. I don't see any rafters perpendicular to the door, so they must run parallell. If anyone is interested I'll post pictures once the inside wall is out and there is something to see. I would be doing it in the hope someone would comment if there is...
  19. Shluffer

I have attempted to attach a picture. The drawing is not even close to scale. The line above the studs is the header. I think it is doing double duty as the header for the door and support for the roof joist above, but I'm not sure. I don't think it does both, but would like to err on assuming...
  20. Shluffer

My concern about moving one side is that it would push the door off center. There is only 10 inches of wall on either side, so I was thinking it would be noticable. Now that you mension the idea, I'm thinking that I wouldn't notice the inch or half inch that it would be off. The studs are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks