Search results

1. firedogut

Small leak, narrowing down location

I’ve found a few issues with my system this year and need a little help on one of them. I had a valve that was allowing a small amount of water to seep out. I ran the flush on the valve and it fix it. I’m guess small debris above the diaphragm is what caused it. In another i have another...
  2. firedogut

Moen valve issue

i only replaced the ones in the attic...... to replace the ones in the walls you would have to tear out my kitchen cabinets, and way to much sheet rock to get to everything. It was also cost prohibitive at this time. next homeowner is going to have to foot that cost. i have flushed it with...
  3. firedogut

Moen valve issue

Not the valve I have.. Flushed the valve....ran water for about 5 min with out the cartridge. Clean with valve with white vinegar, flushed again for 5 min. put cartridge back in, bent the clip..... sill did not seem to work. looked in valve and did not see anything clogging the ports...
  4. firedogut

Moen valve issue

Ok I just got my attic re-piped with PEX and left the verticals galvanize. thanks to those who helped in the other posts. The plumber who did the re-pipe also tossed in the new Moen cartridge in for me. However I still don't get cold water, its more of a just warm or hot. (this was going on...
  5. firedogut

Viega vs uponor pex...which is better

i'll bite...what do you use? only two options to me are those brands....of those which is or would you rather me use CPVC...lol
  6. firedogut

Viega vs uponor pex...which is better

which is better and why
  7. firedogut

Replacing old pipe.....need help picking out what to use....CPVC, PEX, Copper???

So i have galvanized pipe that was installed in 1984. The last homeowner replaced maybe 10% with copper leaving me with about 150 feet of galvanized pipe. Over the last 5 years i have had 3 pin hole leaks and ready to replace the old with the new. I have a few plumbers come out and bid the...
  8. firedogut

PEX and Sharkbites

to attach to the galvanized i would use a pex to female thread adapter. the Wirsbo tool runs about $300. the sharkbites run on avg about $2-$4 more per connection then the wirsbro connection. with only 10 connections needed the sharkbites should only cost $20-$40 more then the wirsbo...
  9. firedogut

PEX and Sharkbites

I am replacing some of the pipe in my attic. What I want to do is use PEX to replace all the old (25 yr old) Galvanized pipe that is starting to get pin hole leaks. i have have some copper pipes (main run of supply before it branches off) and all my drops are 1/2in Galvanized pipe with male...
  10. firedogut

question about attic supply line

In my attic I have 3 places that the hot and cold lines end. One of these ends just does a 90 degree bend and drops to the kitcken. The other two have a T on the end, one side drops to a bathroom the other side goes up about 18 in and is then capped off. what are the little risers for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks