Search results

1. Plumb Confused

Toto unifit or Kohler K5381which is better to convert 14” rough in to 12”?

Hmm I read this question differently. My question is which brand with a unifit type adapter works better. Kohler or Toto? Then I'll know which brand to start with or if they are equal. Any clogging problems endemic to either solution? I need a toilet that looks like it belongs in a hundred year...
  2. Plumb Confused

Insinkerator Instant Hot Water Dispenser

I am installing an Insinkerator ( Emerson ) Instant Hot Water Dispenser under the sink. Model SST-FLTR This will be installed after a RO unit and have both hot and cold water connections to the dispenser with 2 different handles. The manufacturers instructions are infuriating because the three...
  3. Plumb Confused

Submersible Pump in Above-ground Pool

I know, I know old thread. But I really only like electrics around the pool when it is safely done. I am looking for a CERTIFIED submersible pump for hot tub or swimming pool use. Still have not found one, it may be a Unicorn. This is what Simer pumps says about that pump on their own...
  4. Plumb Confused

Cast Iron Sink Excess Enamel

Excellent Great Idea about the brush on enamel! I had already forgotten that in this long drawn out process. Thanks for the help on that.
  5. Plumb Confused

semi-solved sink situation Well the bump is smoothed down now, sanded/filed to even with the cast iron so we shall see. My counter-top guy said he has seen this once before, much worse than this one was. I ordered it from a large regional plumbing supply dealer with a couple of nice showrooms...
  6. Plumb Confused

Thanks Great idea Jason, Thanks! Because it's cast iron I'm hoping vibration won't be a problem here. Also thanks to HJ, Mikey an srdenny for your help here. I'll post some more of what I find out later. Meanwhile I'm just wishing I had inspected the UNDERSIDE of my sink before I had it...
  7. Plumb Confused

Update I just fitted an old basket rubber washer into the space between the sink and the top metal clamp. Plenty of room available to put the snap ring in place. I just had to cut the inner half of the washer out in about a 2 inch wide strip. Now the real question is, will this be bad for...
  8. Plumb Confused

Not worth the paper... Kohler admits that this one is messed up, will replace it with a new onw. At least they say so on the phone. My supplier confirms this and says no problem. Kohler also claims the enamel cannot be removed or ground down since it will develop cracks or hairline fractures...
  9. Plumb Confused

Picture This Here is a picture of the whole mess. Note that's not light shining through the drain, it's the light colored enamel caught in the camera flash. :mad:
  10. Plumb Confused

Unsure about the washer/mount Yes it's a Kohler sink. I've ordered a costly disposal flange (antique brass) which I'm picking up today. I hope it will be deep enough to avoid the problem as mentioned above. The flange I'm replacing goes very deep, but then the part that clamps the flange to...
  11. Plumb Confused

I'm looking for advice on hooking up my brand new cast iron kitchen sink. It's an undermount double-bowl which my counter contractor put in. Now that it's in under the counter (installed on rails) I am trying to hook up a garbage disposal to the smaller bowl. The problem is that the enamel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks