Search results

1. Cal

Feel like I'm getting taken advantage of.....

GOOD LORD ,,, does EVERYTHING have to turn into a soap box preaching lesson ?? Between the " Life Lesson Givers " and the " I'm NOT a Pro " but I will type on for hours ,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't even bother coming here anymore , can't read between the B.S. to learn from the other guys in my...
  2. Cal

Which tub drain is best?

The lift & turn is the best ! much easier to clean and works the best cal
  3. Cal

foamy water

I find this happening a lot on the houses that I pipe with cpvc... is that your water distribution pipe ??
  4. Cal

Gerber Avalanche

Gerber is all i use anymore ! The viper is GREAT and the Avalanche is BETTER THEN GREAT !! You will be most happy! Cal
  5. Cal

some professional opinions please.

I AM WITH THAT MARK !!! If people find a good one of us ,,,,,,, they should treat us right ! I can't stand being treated like some slave bitch just because they think they own me for a lousy few bucks !! Then they go and KISS ASS on a lawyer /Acct /Doc ??? !!!! Let them come to your...
  6. Cal

can you identify this???

Looks like someone just decided to cap off SOMETHING / couldn't get the valves to stop seeping / used whatever they had to keep the area dry . ? Don't see any purpose in that rig ! Cal
  7. Cal

some professional opinions please.

This kind of thing is just CRAP ! Charge half that and you are still making really good money. First thing ,,,, Report them to the BBB . #2 , sadly ,we can't educate people to look up a contractor with the BBB ,thus protecting themselves . #3 ,, Sounds like you boys in Seattle know...
  8. Cal

Hiring Practices/Costs Incurred

First off ,,,,,,,,,,, RACER ,,, THOSE AREn'T ALL MY QUOTES !!!! DON'T PUT STUFF IN MY QUOTE AGAIN !!!!! Were is this trade school and HOW can we as a group of professionals build these places for different cities ?? THAT JUST SOUNDS GREAT !!!! I would hire a kid / person right out...
  9. Cal

Anyone have any advice on getting into the plumbing field?

What state/ area are you in ? LOTS of plumbers looking for help !
  10. Cal

Hiring Practices/Costs Incurred

I fight with myself daily about hiring again or not . I had guys,,,, they started out O.K. , then the usual story we are all telling here happened. Late / Drunk / Need a loan/ Cursed a customer etc... I let 'em all go , the HELL with 'em. If I could find one guy who cared about my...
  11. Cal

1/2' compression angle stop on CPVC?

"Dahl" makes a GREAT cpvc 1/4 turn valve . they actually make cut-offs for all and any type or size of supply .
  12. Cal

Another estimating/pricing question

Rugged , Ya brought a tear to my eye this mourning !!! GOD that story of past days on the (LOTS) of sites brought back memories both GREAT & BAD !! Frozen hands / Sweat pouring like water ! Now I just do service and lite remodel , however there are a few times a year when I think I miss...
  13. Cal

My Tankless Experiment

Mark, If you want the BEST ,,,,,,, http://www.foreverhotwater.com/index.php This is the one . You do not need to worry about anyone getting burned or any of the other whinny crap that people are spewing about ondemand heaters . If you REALLY want to give it a try ,,,,,, Go Rinnai...
  14. Cal

Advice Please: Tying into septic

To your original question ; You need to cut a 4 x 2 twye or wye into the 4" line . Send the 2" part /pipe towards your softner . At the location you desire , put a 2" Glue trap and a stand pipe out of the top 12" or so. Now you can suspend the discharge hose from the softner 1"-2" above...
  15. Cal

Sump pump question

Couldn't pass this up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice job Mark but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what did you smooth that chaulk with ,,,, A SHOVEL !!?? Cal
  16. Cal

Home Inspection??

Let me just say this from a professional's point of view ,,,,,,,,,,,, RUN , And RUN FAST !!!
  17. Cal

Respect to Customer's Homes

Know I've posted this before ,,but I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS PRODUCT www.carpetsaver.com of ALL the drop cloth types I've used ,,,,this is the BEST STUFF !! Cal
  18. Cal

Respect to Customer's Homes

I'm with you guys ,,,,,,,, image & personality are 70% of it ! Keep it clean , Be nice , Do your job well ==== WORK ! on a note about shoes-- Have bought the same diehard smooth bottom boots from sears for 27 years . Throw down one of my towels when I walk in, wipe these great boots off a...
  19. Cal

Is it any wonder I hate customers?

All good advice fellas ! I have been at this LONG enough to know that even though I'm the one bitching ,,,,,,,,, I ALLOW myself to be the victim . It's up to all of us to name our price and stick to it . I know that if all the "buddies" out there were called on to help me or pay-back ...
  20. Cal

Is it any wonder I hate customers?

Do I want to always have plenty of work ,,, YES ! Am I getting real tired of all the "Pity me"s " and self proclaimed "Buddies" of mine ,,,, HELL YES ! I'm getting to a point were it's going to be either a friend whom I will NOT work for or a customer who pays full price ! I've got a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks