Search results

1. sdjerry

Drain bladder stuck in pipe

Yes, the dish soap is something I noticed some people try when researching this issue online. So that is my next step, and hopefully it works.
  2. sdjerry

Yes, pressure is off and the hose is disconnected from the valve on the other end. I haven't had any luck with trying to twist clockwise while pulling it out, it just won't budge as of right now.
  3. sdjerry

So we have this clog somewhere further down in our kitchen sink pipes. I attempted using one of those drain bladders (small size), and unfortunately not only is the clog still there but the bladder is stuck. It will not budge, anyone ever in similar circumstances find a way to get theirs out? Or...
  4. sdjerry

Water supply line to short for new toilet

Ok so this is where I'm at, hoping some of you friendly experts out there can help me. :) I had to install a new toilet in one of the bathrooms in my mobile home, that was easy and it's done. Keep in mind I'm not the greatest at home improvement projects of any kind, but I do the best I can...
  5. sdjerry

Replacing Shower Arm

Thanks everyone for your help, I figured out what was going wrong. I was putting to much compound which was making it to tight to get it all the way in. So when you add the compound correctly, it should go all the way in by hand, no tools required. Yeah I scratched this one up a bit, but...
  6. sdjerry

Replacing Shower Arm

Ok so I'm attempting to replace my shower arm. I removed the old one which was a 1/2" X 6", I already have the new arm, same exact size. I can't get the new one all the way into the threads though, so it still leaks a little bit when I test it. I used pipe compound instead of teflon tape...
  7. sdjerry

Bathtub drain & cleanout plate

Thanks Redwood & Jimbo, I feel like I can definitely get this done now.
  8. sdjerry

Thank you for pointing out the threads in the center of the hole as I did not notice them. This should be a fairly simple task then. Regarding my clean out plate, forgive me if this sounds silly, but can that plate be opened without turning the water off? I mean if pop that thing open water...
  9. sdjerry

Thank you for responding Redwood. I don't see any visible threads inside this drain, so would a lift & turn style stopper still work with this somehow?
  10. sdjerry

This is basically two questions in one thread, so I'll get to it. I have attached a picture of the drain and the clean out plate in my bathtub. Basically I've only been able to take showers in this tub, never a bath. And that's because there's no sort of drain stopper with this, I've tried...
  11. sdjerry

Toilet Flapper Replacement

I had an idea but wasn't for sure, I'm not to experienced with these projects. It's nice to learn though and without a forum like this I still might have been guessing. :)
  12. sdjerry

Just wanted to thank you again Redwood for your help. I installed a new flush lever today and the problem is now solved, works like a dream.
  13. sdjerry

Thanks for the help guys, it's nice having a forum to turn to when things get confusing.
  14. sdjerry

Ok, and that's what I was sort of thinking to. The flapper stopped the leak that the old flapper allowed which is great. How expensive is a new handle? Easy to replace?
  15. sdjerry

I tried this and the valve did close and seal. This was with holding the toilet handle of course. So far so good? :)
  16. sdjerry

Yes, it looks similar to that. However, the one I bought gives you the option of cutting the ring, which I had to do, it's not possible to slide the ring over the tube with my toilet. Both ears are attached to the hooks on the overflow tube, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.
  17. sdjerry

Hi everyone, I replaced the flapper inside my toilet today. At first it was going well, but now it's not flushing properly. The flapper isn't closing, I have to manually push it down for it to shut. What is causing this? I have adjusted the chain a couple of different times and it's at...
  18. sdjerry

Need help replacing valves

Ouch, that doesn't look surprising though. I'm definitely going steel braided with new lines. Good news is this though, neither valve is connected to the faucet right now. The only reason I ended up in this situation was because I'm trying to replace the faucet, the new faucet is ready to go...
  19. sdjerry

Only other thing I have lower level wise would be the shower spout. I don't have a basement or anything like that.
  20. sdjerry

Ok so I have a better idea of what steps to take here. Just to clarify the amount of water still coming out of some faucets with the valve turned off is minimal, but I agree that the goal is to have no water coming out at all for peace of mind. The main valve out at the street works great...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks