Search results

1. gnatlee

Where can I get a Bradford White gas water heater to install myself?

it's not a broom stick handle. It's a ladder hanger from home depot. And yes, I did screw it onto a stud. so it's safe. most people were cool with their advice, and i did appreciate it. just because some advice wasn't followed doesn't mean that I didn't hear it out. hell, even some...
  2. gnatlee

No changes. The inspector told me that drip legs are not necessary in san diego. and he pulled on the sesmic straps and was satisfied with it. and didn't say anything about my gas valve either.
  3. gnatlee

Hey Guys, I Passed I got the city inspection today, and I passed the inspection. I asked about the drip leg, and was told that it isn't necessary. So I'm off the hook now. thank you all for the tips.
  4. gnatlee

also, do you think that all licensed plumbers would install a drip leg? even ones in california?
  5. gnatlee

btw, it did take two more trips to before finishing the job. one to sears for some wrenches, and then to home depot for the pipe cutter. The one I got from lowes was a piece of crap. and one last question, are thermal expansion tanks necessary in california? i mean, if a professional...
  6. gnatlee

Hey Guys, It's great to see that people are so caring and concerned around here. I scheduled the inspection for monday, but had to reschedule because the inspector i got assigned to only does single family homes and multi-units with three units maxed. Since I live in a 4 unit townhome, i...
  7. gnatlee

still waiting for my permit. I'll call about it tomorrow. It have only taken at most three days from Monday.
  8. gnatlee

One thing that came to mind today... If a licensed plumber were to replace a water heater, do they pull a city permit also?
  9. gnatlee

Redwood, I didn't put in drip leg because the old one nor that neighbor's new heater(professionally installed) didn't have one. I've read online that southern california's gas is dry and clean enough to not require one. again city inspector will tell me when they come to do inspection...
  10. gnatlee

Ahh, the insults and sarcasm continues. This is great. Anyhow, I applied for a permit today and will get an inspection soon and will let you guys know if I pass. If not, i'll definitely make the required changes. That's if I don't blow up before the inspection. Yes, I do admit that the...
  11. gnatlee

more pics I guess, there are people who skimp out there, but hopefully I didn't to your standards. Thanks for the looking out.
  12. gnatlee

my install pics The gas line is new, the gas valve is old looking with dust but works fine. Soap tested and has no leaks. The lower sesmic strap is newly added, and the wood water heater stand is the original from the original builders, but I just removed the drywall and...
  13. gnatlee

Hi Steve, 1. I came to this forum looking for a place to buy a Bradford White. I didn't ask for advice. However, I was offered advice such as.. I need an expansion tank....i got one I need to read up on local requirements... i did so I need to install a PRV if I don't have...
  14. gnatlee

Well, I don't know if it's genuine concern or something else. Instead of giving pointers on how to do things safely and correctly, some people here would rather insinuate my stupidity. and how I'll kill my family because of a water heater diy job. Assuming that I'll do it incorrectly...
  15. gnatlee

Hi all, I have to admit that I have been schooled by those that took the time to reply. First thank you Macplumb777 for bringing up the points, and then Gary to provide answers, and then Steve to correct my mistakes. I have learned from this forum and appreciate the shared knowledge. I...
  16. gnatlee

Hi Macplumb 777 About Installing Water Heaters #1 What Is A P.r.v. And When And Why Is It Used ? #2 What Is A Thermal Expansion Tank And When And Why Is It Used ? #3 What Doe's All This Have To Do With Installing A Water Heater #4 What Is A T&p Valve And Why Is It Used. To add to Gary's...
  17. gnatlee

BTW, Redwood. That was a very interesting mythbuster video. Wouldn't the T/P valve work to release the pressure to prevent it from building up to 350 PSI? Or did these guys plug up the release valve?
  18. gnatlee

wow, thank you all for all the helpful responses. I'm quite handy with installations and work around the house myself. I agree with Macplumb777 that I do not know the CA codes yet. But rest assured, that I will read out on it. Thanks for the quiz questions. and a big thank you to Gary for...
  19. gnatlee

Hi all, I've been researching about water heaters, and have concluded that I want a Bradford White. So far, I can only get one from the plumbers who won't sell the heater by itself, but requires that they install it. At a labor cost of 500-600 hundred bucks for less than a day's labor. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks