Search results

1. B

Check Valve Problem - I think?

One pipe for each pump that y into a common discharge pipe.
  2. B

Check Valve Problem - I think?

I have the same problem. Did you drill in a small hole in the discharge pipe just above the main pump and below the check valve. I did and that still didn't help. Wonder if you need another hole on the backup pump?
  3. B

backup sump pump - weep hole?

Good luck, and let me know if that helps. My guess is that it has something to do with the "Y" connection to the backup pump. I can feel water moving around in the section between the "Y" and the check valve to the backup pump. The gurgling noise seems to be coming from the main pump though...
  4. B

I drilled a weep hole in the main discharge pipe, but it still makes a gurgling sound AFTER the pump shuts off. I can feel water moving around in the backup pump discharge line while it is gurgling, and it sounds like the gurgling is coming from the main pump. HELP PLEASE. It is driving me nuts!
  5. B

I installed a backup system and used a check valve for each pump and a "Y" to bring them together after the check valves. The directions (yes I read them) tell you to drill a 1/8 inch hole in the backup pump discharge pipe 3 inches above the connection between the backup pump and its discharge...
  6. B

Sump Pump - Drain the entire pit?

I know what you're saying about fixing something that isn't broken. Since I just moved in, I'm not sure how it has worked in the past. Based on other things I've discovered in the house, I'm not real confident the previous owners would have the sump set up the most efficient way. The...
  7. B

Thank you for your help! I will stick my head down the sump again, but it looked like the connection point is fixed to the top of the pump. It looks like a metal horshoe with screws holding it to the pump. I would imagine I need to loosen the screws to lenthen and shorten the cable lenth...
  8. B

I just bought a house that has a sump pump in the finished basement. The water table must be pretty high, because the water level sits about 8 inches below my slab. I have a pump that sits below the water level. I've been watching this thing operate over and over and something just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks