Search results

1. bashley

Cast Iron Flange Rusted Broken

Thanks Redwood. I think if I can get the plumber who I have coming out to take off the old flange to put on a new cast iron flange then I will go with that. But, if I have to use an insert it seems like this one of Bombjay's is the way to go. But, in that case, I will definitely redo the...
  2. bashley

So, I assume that if I use an insert like this Oatey, I’ll have to do some cleaning up of the inside of the closet bend. Is there any problem with using a wire brush on a drill to smooth out the inside of the pipe? Thanks, Brian
  3. bashley

Wow. Since I'm going to re-model in a few years it would be nice not to have to put in a new sub-floor now, but I'm starting to get a little confused here. I'm worried that the pipe won't be enough. I'm replacing a toilet that was installed in 1994. The toilet developed cracks and by the...
  4. bashley

Thanks Jim. I was thinking of replacing the flange with an internal at one point, but someones else elsewhere on this forum seemed to think that PVC and Cast Iron should never meet. I've been whacking the masonry that someone put in around the closet bend, but I have been reluctant to take a...
  5. bashley

Thanks Gary, I think that must be the way to go. We're going to remodel in about 5 years when the kids are bigger, so we don't want to go too far, but it's not that big a bathroom anyway, so I think you're right. The only thing I can't handle myself is removing the old flange, but...
  6. bashley

Howdy all - and thanks for being here and providing such great help! In replacing our upstairs toilet we found that the cast iron flange was rusted and wrecked. From reading some of the threads in this forum, I think I have the proper solution, but I would love to hear whether I'm right or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks