Search results

1. K

Improvising Positive Shower Shut-off

Perhaps, but I can't bet on it. The current shower was replaced by the guy who rented this place before me 10 years ago. He wasn't a plumber by any stretch, although that gives me the idea to call him up and see if he remembers anything about hose clamps. I doubt he replaced the valves, only...
  2. K

Thanks much for your time. I was worried about the screwed on clamps that are somehow between me and the deep-set shower valves. I do I deal with those? Will the tools recommend work around them? Karl
  3. K

It does seem however, that the nipple for my showerhead is bigger than 1/2 inch. How do I measure the right size for ordering an appropriate ball valve? Thanks Karl
  4. K

THanks for your help I can't imagine that even the tools to fix that wouldn't be more money than just the shut-off valve solution and if any parts were to drop down behind the shower wall, I'd be toast. Are there any online sources for the shut-off valve I'm looking for? Thanks again Karl
  5. K

Checking out the valves, it really looks like I'd have to tear the shower out to get to them, far beyond what I'm capable of. Seem to me, all I need is a 1/2inch valve with a male connection on one side and female on the other that's hopefully not just completely ugly (although even ugly would...
  6. K

My old shower drips badly and the dual valves would require much time and money (I especially have no money) to fix. I'm looking for a positive 100% shower shut-off. I know I can't buy one designed for this purpose as some codes don't allow it because it would create problems if you left...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks