Search results

1. Demelza

Brown Well Water

"yes" ..."no"...the plot thickens! when a thread on a forum goes on too long bits of information are lost in different posts. I've had all my pipe work inside the house changed to plastic since sept last year. The taps on the bath are in fact new (I thought they were five years old but...
  2. Demelza

Brown Well Water

On my first visit I asked him and showed him the water and he said he didnt know what was the cause and that it was probably silt from the well. On a second visit we showed him the filter and said the forum suggested Iron. He agreed it could be the cause and suggested a raw water sample as...
  3. Demelza

Brown Well Water

I'm getting so confused. After having the water tested our pump supplier told us that the iron level is not an issue. I'm getting conflicting messages. Anyway, if the iron was not high, would the general maintainance of an upflow ph neutraliser require cleaning out? how often? and would you...
  4. Demelza

Brown Well Water

well we cleaned it out and there was alot of brown water in the ph neutraliser which must have been sitting in there for a while as the debris filter we added that sits before it is still clean. We left the water in a glass and it separated out to brown debris at the bottom of the glass. My...
  5. Demelza

Brown Well Water

well, we had a new water test on the water done before any filters etc and the iron was 149, so within normal limits. For diognosis purposes only we put a debris filter in between the pressure vessel and the ph corrector/the main debris filter and uv light. This showed us that when we had...
  6. Demelza

Brown Well Water

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and ideas. Feel much happier now and will hopefully get rid of it. It's like having a lesson in chemistry which, surprise surprise, wasnt my strong point at school! Thanks again.
  7. Demelza

Brown Well Water

Thank you for the explaination. Will do as suggested. If an acid neutralizer can cause iron to precipitate out of the water than perhaps it is settling in the ph neutralizer (which holds 60 liters at a time) and when the bath is used this is churned up producing the brown water. This could...
  8. Demelza

Brown Well Water

This hardness you speak of..is this explaining the white deposits on the heating element or the brown water? Are they part of the same problem or do I have two problems? I dont have a downflow neutralizer or a hot water tank. With my iron being so low..only 14 micrograms/l (recommendation...
  9. Demelza

Brown Well Water

the numbers are not mg/l but a funny "m" which I dont have on my keyboard..sorry didnt read it correctly the first time..think I must need glasses. Apologies for that. I believe its a microgram. Order of equipment:- submersable pump (Idrogo M40/08 Auto 240V) leads to a vertical...
  10. Demelza

Repair charges?

our company also charges from the time they leave their workbase so you may also be paying for travelling time.
  11. Demelza

Brown Well Water

the water was tested on 13th Feb 2008. Iron was 14.1 mg/l (Recommendation max 200.00mg.L) Manganesess 63.2 (Recommendation max 50.00) but as I mentioned earlier..I discussed this with the water tester and he said 63.2 is negligible and would not show up to the naked eye. The majority of...
  12. Demelza

Brown Well Water

just some extra information that may help someone help me. We have been having less baths due to the problem and it seemed then that most baths had the problem. Yesterday after the brown bath incident we emptied it and tried again. It was clear, then brown then clear again but the brown was...
  13. Demelza

Brown Well Water

The house has been completely replumbed last year with plastic pipes. The taps to the bath are probably only about 5 years old. My gut instinct is that it only happens when we fill the bath because it uses more water than anything else we have. I thought maybe the pump is stirring up...
  14. Demelza

Brown Well Water

Hi all, Would appreciate your thoughts on a problem we have. We have a well that could be well over 100 years old. Approx 8 meters deep with approx 2 meter water level. The walls are made of granite. It supplies our farmhouse which has no header tank (water usage being kitchen sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks