Search results

1. Pipehacker

Strange Big Box Store Advice

Iowa. I buy as much stuff as I can in Iowa and haul it up because there is no "big box" type store within a considerable distance in Canada and Canadian prices are high. And as I write this the ice is starting to melt (the cabin is on an island) and my first trip there may be several weeks...
  2. Pipehacker

Strange Big Box Store Advice

Over the weekend I went to the big box store that starts with a "L" to buy an AAV to hopefully improve an S trap situation under a sink. I ask the plumbing aisle clerk if they have any and he doesn't know what they are but says his manager will. He goes and talks to his manager and comes back...
  3. Pipehacker

This is for Ian, Should Pot be legalized

Back in the day when the late, great Pig Slop Award was regularly bestowed, it appeared to me that certain plumbers may have occasionally used the same while in the course of practicing their profession.
  4. Pipehacker

This is for Ian, Should Pot be legalized

Pat's right. I am always relieved when religious leaders talk in terms of practicality rather than morality. The Pope should take a lesson from this one, especially on the issue of birth control. And there should be a government approved source for medical marijuana-withholding an effective...
  5. Pipehacker

Deadly Alcohol Needs Global Regulation, Health Expert Says

Latest on Canada's Oxycontin Problem This article appears in today's Kenora Daily Miner and News. When I read it I came away with the impression that no one has a real clue regarding what to expect and how to handle the situation. can you imagine 70% of a community being addicted to the same...
  6. Pipehacker

It's hard to find a good Canadian moose hunting joke these days, but here goes: Two hunters got a pilot to fly them into the Canadian wilderness where they managed to bag two big Bull Moose. As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could only take the hunters...
  7. Pipehacker

But there is a need to hunt moose, as the same provide a much needed and cost-effective protein source. The problem is that the local deer carry a brainworm parasite which somehow does not effect the deer but does decimate the moose and caribou populations. Thankfully, the wolves are slowly...
  8. Pipehacker

The following newspaper aticle was written by Megan Ogilvie and is published in today's Toronto Star. It details some of the substance abuse problems on isolated reservations. Because the reservations are not accessible by road the problems are too easy to ignore: The narcotic painkiller...
  9. Pipehacker

Money is always the rub. The state is more than happy to profit from my purchase of a $50 bottle of scotch and to turn me loose to pickle my liver with the same. But if an uneducated kid living in Podunk distributes a little meth amongst his fellow Podunkees he's off to federal prison camp...
  10. Pipehacker

When will my sweat joints leak?

Is there any way that you can do a test on a sharkbite?
  11. Pipehacker

Reward! for finding Ian. A game of Clue

Or we could start a game of Clue re his disappearance. My choices: (1)Ballvalve (2)with his John Deere excavator (3)in his cousin's barnyard
  12. Pipehacker

Disguise

I am writing in Ballvalve's ex-wife's sister's for president. Or his cousin.
  13. Pipehacker

Snowmageddon

Or read a book called The Children' Blizzard by David Laskin and be glad that you are not trying to stay warm buried in a North Dakota haystack.
  14. Pipehacker

Snowmageddon

It's actually about 1200 feet difference: http://geology.com/state-map/iowa.shtml#elevation But since the high and low spots are well over 200 miles apart, you probably will not need ropes and crampons for the ascent. What I miss about the mountains is seeing blue skies like those in...
  15. Pipehacker

Snowmageddon

"Up to six inches of snowfall . . ." Rather wimpish, Terry. It sounds a little bit like Ian when he thought he was going to blow away in a 65 mph "hurricane." But please do drive safely.
  16. Pipehacker

Ians corner is an Iowa vacant lot

I miss him also. I don't agree with much of what he said but he could spark a good discussion and certainly meant well.
  17. Pipehacker

Ians corner is an Iowa vacant lot

Can we do something like this with Ian? http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/01/12/145121472/judge-declares-natalee-holloway-legally-dead?ft=1&f=1001
  18. Pipehacker

I say - Way to go Judge !!!

I don't think that the priests and bishops would take advantage of the discounts, unless the h of h's employees were under 12. That's the problem with being inherently evil-short of throwing away the key there's not much that can (or should) be done.
  19. Pipehacker

I say - Way to go Judge !!!

I'm with Ballvalve on this one, especially when the abuse of children is involved. The RCs, Oblates, and others who serially abused children were/are inherently evil and motivated by the same and by their twisted belief in what sex is. And the bishops who covered up for them were/are worse.
  20. Pipehacker

66 to 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater Problem

I know little about water heaters and less about electricity. I am, however, a rather frequent user of plumbers and electricians. My view on all of this is that the situation is not ideal or as expected, but that's life and sometimes things just are not going to be perfect. As a consumer, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks