Search results

1. cchw

Pilot Light Problems with Reliance 606 Water Heater.

First and foremost, I wanted to thank all that helped on this post. I contacted Reliance and they sent me a control valve/thermostat under warranty back in 2005. I installed it and it has worked ever since although I think I just jinxed myself updating this post. :D
  2. cchw

Reliance 501 water heater, pilot won't stay lit

I had the same problem with a 606 Reliance. Check this thread out for more detail: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3868. I ended changing out both the thermocouple and control/temp valve. I would try the TC first if you're off of warranty since it's less expensive.
  3. cchw

Good and bad news The story continues.... The good news is that the TC came very quickly from Reliance and I attempted to fix the water heater. The bad news is that I am still having difficulty keeping the pilot lit. Looks like you may have called it Mark. I'll be calling Reliance tomorrow to...
  4. cchw

MPM- Thanks for the additional words of advice regarding the control valve. Is changing the control valve pretty straightforward for the average do it yourselfer? Here's the link for the Reliance FAQ page where I found this info...
  5. cchw

Just a follow-up. I contacted Reliance today and found out my water heater is still under warranty. They looked it up by serial number. They will be sending me a thermocouple in the mail at no charge. Reliance has proven to be OK in my book. Also, I got some additional tips from their website...
  6. cchw

Thanks for the response Gary! Appreciate all the helpful members here on this forum.
  7. cchw

I believe the water heater we have was installed in Oct 2000. I'm not completely sure since we are not the original owner. For the last 2 years the water heater worked just fine. In the last month or so the pilot light went out 3 times. This last time it was very difficult to light up. Any...
  8. cchw

installation of a Caroma Caravelle

I am thinking about getting the Caravelle but noticed Terry suggested using caulking for installation. My question is how would one install the Caravelle on a carpeted surface? Yes, I know I should get rid of the carpet but we haven't had time to remodel the bathroom yet since we moved in. Thank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks