Search results

1. jrgallant

Neo Angle Shower Base Leveling

Hello everyone. I've got a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. I'm installing a neo angle shower in my new bathroom. My subfloor was unlevel, so I built some forms and poured some self leveling cement to level the shower area. After the first pour, it was still a little out of...
  2. jrgallant

Toilet Flange Issue

Thanks gardner. I'll make sure that the flange is firmly attached to the subfloor. I will be using ceramic tile flooring. The tile I have is quite thin so it won't be built up too far. I've done this in 2 other bathrooms with no issue. It sounds like the general consensus is that this...
  3. jrgallant

Toilet Flange Issue

Thanks, hj, for your comment. I was just wondering about what you said about an all plastic flange. I'm just a DIYer and certainly not a pro or anything but on all of the other toilets I've pulled and replaced, I've only seen plastic flanges before. To be honest, I haven't ever seen anything...
  4. jrgallant

Toilet Flange Issue

Here is a pic to show what I mean. The flange doesn't go all the way down onto the fitting because the floor is a little too high.
  5. jrgallant

Toilet Flange Issue

Thanks Crow for your reply; however, I don't think I was exactly clear. My flange is sitting on the finished floor. It is fit over a 90 degree street elbow. (I think that is what its called. Where the flange fits over the end of the 90 rather than joined by a small piece of pipe.) The...
  6. jrgallant

Toilet Flange Issue

I am remodeling my downstairs bathroom and have roughed in the discharge pipe about 3/4" lower than it should have been as my finished floor is a little higher than I had planned. When I set my flange in it, the flange only fits in a little over half way into the fitting. I have already...
  7. jrgallant

How large and how many holes in a Sump basin?

I'm installing a sump in my basement to help neutralize a recent water problem that I've had. I have the hole hammered out and I've dug down deep enough to put in the basin. I'm wondering how high up on the basin I should start drilling weep holes and also how many and how large should the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks