Search results

1. gizza job

journeyman

thanks lads Thanks for all your answers chaps, i now Know that ive got to pass the red seal test before i can call myself a journeyman. are the codes pretty much the same in the states as they are in canada? and does anybody know where i can get acopy of the 2005 edition of the plumbing codes/
  2. gizza job

did you know?

i stand corrected, but still it was dead funny at the time and i was doubled up! in fact it tickled me for ages!:D:D
  3. gizza job

Triangular toilet. triangle tank Eljer

triangle toilets corner toilets are great for small bathrooms and work as well as a normal one but you will probably need a flexible pan connector to get the waste away which can make the finished installation look untidy
  4. gizza job

did you know?

The toilet was invented by Thomas Crapper and i once worked with a lad who said that he was a distant relation to him. His name..............FRAZER CRAPPER!!!! I nearly died laughing when he told me. Anyway just thought i`d share that memory with ya.
  5. gizza job

Furnace - Slight Delayed Ignition

have you cleaned the pilot light and main burner jets? its quite possible you may have partially blocked them with lint, or has the spark electrode been knocked out of line?
  6. gizza job

WC Venting in IRC

sounds pretty much like the systems we use in the uk and you are only likely to get your traps pulled if all toilets are flushed at once causing the vertical pipe to run full bore
  7. gizza job

journeyman

Hey up out there just a quickie, could anyone just describe the term "journeyman plumber" coz im new to this side o the pond and dont really get it. thanks, gizza job - hopefully soon to be called - gotta job
  8. gizza job

getting a license

thanks again. if you couldn't join then i've got no chance! doesn't sound like my cup of tea either then i'm not in to secret societies wi funny handshakes and showing your left nipple to get in the gang. any union lads got any thoughts or opinions?
  9. gizza job

Blending Old and New Texture

in my experience you can never patch things up 100% it always seems to wave at you when you have finished. can you get a plasterer in to skim over all the walls to make them smooth? or is this just a british thing?
  10. gizza job

Tiling over Tile

existing tiles are one of the best surfaces to tile to so if you are confident of raising the drain and gettin the correct fall into it and keep it water tight i say go for it!
  11. gizza job

getting a license

Ok mr krow thanks for that now when i finally get me license is it worth joining the union
  12. gizza job

getting a license

Hey up! I'm a plumber of 20 years and recently relocated to Barrie Ontario from Nottingham in the UK. I am after some advice to get my plumbing license, i currently hold my city and guilds advanced plumbing craft and need the license before i can gain the all important canadian experience...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks