Search results

1. msimon

11" rough in??? Do I get 10" toilet or is there another option

Hmm, it still seems like a good design to me. It's the execution that seems flawed. That's the manufacturer using a cheap quality part. This I have seen when my 4-year old (or myself) gives the handle a half-harded push and only half the water empties out of the tray. A simple fix is to...
  2. msimon

HDis the big box outlet with the initials H.D.
  3. msimon

We had the same problem last summer (2007) with a 11" rough-in. HD sells a (Glacier Bay) Niagara 1.6 gpf toilet with the 11" rough-in. Note this is the 1.6 gpf version (not 1.3 gpf). We've had no problems flushing larger "objects". The Niagara toilets are flapperless. I like this, since it...
  4. msimon

Bathroom exhaust fan, vent pipe diameter changes

The manual says to use 4" pipes, or 3" with the included reducer. The 4" hole out the side of the fan casing is a good clue, also. Nothing is mentioned about increasing the vent pipe's diameter, though. I'm wondering, should I increase from 4" to 9" as soon as I can above the fan, or do it...
  5. msimon

Exhaust fan...exhuast routing?

When you say the house is "pretty" new, is it still under warranty? The vents don't sound like they're up to code. Also, did your home inspector miss that one when you were getting ready to purchase the home? My first step would be to contact the builder.
  6. msimon

No ideas out there? Even the great Jim (jadnashua) and HJ don't have an opinion this time? :)
  7. msimon

new shower drain not draining!!

Do you still have the tub, and the trip lever, that keeps the water in the tub? If the answer is yes, I'd say a simple first step would be to remove the cover of the trip lever (should just be two screws) and see if the lever is connected to the rod (that pushes/pulls the drain open/shut). If...
  8. msimon

I am remodeling our hall bathroom (8 ft x 5 ft) and am replacing the 40+ year old inline GE vent (about 1,000 sones) with a new Panasonic fan. The room already has a vent going straight up and through the roof, which amounts to about 5 feet through the attic. We live in Los Angeles, CA, so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks