Search results

1. mystreba

Smelly toilet, tried many things

Holy cow, that is quite a lot of weight pressing down on quite a number of coupling sleeves. Have you sniff-tested them all? Honestly, regardless of whether it's the cause - if it were me I'd rip that cast iron vent stack out and run PVC from that first coupling sleeve all the way to the roof...
  2. mystreba

WC Hammer - can't fix this

Thanks, will do. I can't say it will be an easy job, access-wise. Some questions first: 1 - Any advice on placement before I get in there and start cutting? See diagram below. Should I put one on each line after the tee or put only one before the tee? 2 - What type arrestor is...
  3. mystreba

WC Hammer - can't fix this

Break it down... I recently installed a WC/Urinal combo in my bath. Fixtures, plumbing and flushometers are all brand new. I ran a dedicated 1" supply line directly from my 86-Gal, 40/60 pressure tank to feed these two fixtures. A reducing sleeve in the 1" tee right between the two...
  4. mystreba

pump configuration?

Thanks for the info - very helpful! Yes, purchased at ACE hardware. Not sure who manufactures it. By "male insert X" I assume you mean the final down-pipe bushing that goes into the pump flange? The pump flange is plastic, and the down-pipe bushing is plastic (PVC). Do they make plastic...
  5. mystreba

pump configuration?

Pump Model # Goulds Pump 7GS05412 / Franklin Motor 2145059004 Three wire - 12 awg. Wire Length: ~65’ in the water well itself. Size of Pump: 1/2 HP, 5.0 Amp Date Pump Installed: unknown – I’ve owned the house for 7 yrs Depth of well: unknown – pump is 65’ down Depth to water: 15’ below ground...
  6. mystreba

Another pump-runs-continuously-but-tank-not-filling thread

Thanks. Yes, one length of tubing IIRC. I figure that if I'm pulling the pump it's only $50 to replace the tubing. Due to my well-head setup (its in the garage floor) I'd know if it were leaking at the adapter. Most likely at the pump then. The tubing is for potable water. Are regular...
  7. mystreba

Thanks. I just bought a 3/4 hp pump and 100' of Cresline HD125 1" tubing. Various barbed couplings. I'll limp through the weekend and pull it on Monday when the pros are back at work in case I run into trouble.
  8. mystreba

I realized it is not likely that I will be able to hear any leaks in the well since my water is only 15' below grade and the pump is 65' below grade. So unless the leak is in the top 15' of drop-pipe, the leak would be silent. After sleeping on this, it seems pretty clear there is a leak in...
  9. mystreba

All the bits are on the tee at the tank - pressure gauge, switch, check valve, 75 psi bleeder, drain valve, home shut-off valve. Thanks - I didn't realize the pump has a check valve. The old tank had an above-ground check valve, so I just duplicated it when I built the new tee. I think I'll...
  10. mystreba

Type of pump: Submersible_not sure what kind. I took pictures of it when a plumber pulled the pump to rewire it last year (it was shorting out). On one part is says Goulds Submersible Pump model 7GS05412. On another part is says Franklin Electric Submersible Motor model 2145059004. Two...
  11. mystreba

Main drain stack reconfiguration

Don't understand the coupling Thanks for the tip on cutting. This is a vertical pipe, coming up from the slab and into the house. The clamped rubber sleeve doesn't sound like it will support the stack structure above the sleeve. It also seems untuitively like a future point of failure. Am...
  12. mystreba

It sounds then like I have a good plan, but I need help understanding how to make the cast-to-pvc conversion. If I cut the stack at the 32" mark, my questions are: 1 - are there any precautions I need to be aware of, so that I don't mess something up? 2 - how do I make the cut (ie: what...
  13. mystreba

It looks like 4.5 inches, but that's an estimate by holding a tape measure across the pipe.
  14. mystreba

Ready to order. Need help.

Lord, I have 8 year-old twin boys. It does get better, but I wouldn't go back to where you are for all the money in the free world! However, the holes don't get better. Get as many as you can, in my experience.
  15. mystreba

I am remodeling my 50's rancher. The remodel involves reconfiguring upstairs toilets and baths, as well as gutting and finishing the basement. The basement ceilings are a mere 88 inches. The low ceilings are compounded by the drain design - a 4.5 inch cast stack is mortared into an interior...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks