Search results

1. nuckphoto

How not to melt washer outlet box?

The torch is one of the usual ones found in hardware stores. I kept the flame as small as possible, but not being a plumber (or even an experienced solderer) is most likely the problem. As for the mold, behind that wall is (of course) the cubby hole in the garage where the water heater sits.
  2. nuckphoto

Many thanks to everyone that responded. I do like the Ox Box and the Intelliflow boxes, but I'm sure the latter will be out of the budget. Makes me think, though, that the stainless hoses would be a very good idea, especially if we go with the double decker washer/dryer set up.
  3. nuckphoto

Thank you for responding. I believe the house was built in '82. But what's wrong with the valves? Don't you use standard water valves? When soldering the connections, I used as small a flame as I could, but when the copper pipe and flux got real hot, the flame wrapped around the pipe and...
  4. nuckphoto

Well, I guess if I didn't have this phobia about screwing things up, I might have come up with that idea. From looking at your pix, I didn't know the valves tightened (attached) to the box. This is the old setup I'm working on. Leaks and mold were the main reason for removing the wallboard...
  5. nuckphoto

I am replacing leaking washing machine valves and the outlet box but have run into problems. How do you prevent the new outlet box from melting when sweating on the new copper valve adapters?:confused: I have gone through two boxes so far. The old valves were sweated directly to the copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks