Search results

1. Breplum

Navien NPE-240S external circulating pump

You, sir, give answers like an AI source.
  2. Breplum

New Tankless Venting Question

Your pressure release on water heater has to go to the outside, so condensing drain to outside is the way to go. I wouldn't touch concertric again ever, waste of money for poor effeciency gas compared to 96% condensing...and PVC vent
  3. Breplum

In search of old Wirsbo or Uponor PEX

the date is printed on all pipe
  4. Breplum

AC Drain Line into Tub Overflow - Can I reroute?

Many A/C drains we see have NO TRAP, or traps that become dried out. If connected to vent pipe, then that is a hazardous condition. There would need to be a plumbing p-trap and trap primer to be a legal receptor that would then have an air gap over the receptor.,
  5. Breplum

Navien NPE-240S external circulating pump

Bad idea. Trade out and get NPE A2 series.
  6. Breplum

Wall mounted toilet, drywall broke

Incredibly stupid design in the first place, having loading on the cantilevered china pushing against the bottom. Plywood with thinset tile is the only sensible solution, plywood with drywall will eventually crush the gypsum. Even plywood with tile, I can imagine the tile cracking from the...
  7. Breplum

Short 90 T for Toilet w/Clean Out

Short turn fittings are not approved for horizontal drainage and snakes don't go through them well at all. We are allowed to use standard 90s as closet bends.
  8. Breplum

Possible shower leak

Very common to have poorly executed waterproofing. Very rare that the water valves are the source of leak unless related to the seal at the wall where the escutcheons make contact.
  9. Breplum

Condensate pump recommendation for Alpine Burnham 80k btu?

Condensate pumps are a commodity and any major brand...little giant, diversitech, beckett, liberty off the top of my brain
  10. Breplum

AC Drain Line into Tub Overflow - Can I reroute?

No, you cannot tie in to a vent. There is supposed to be an air gap. Sewer and methane does not belong in the home air. Run outdoors or a utility room with a sink or....
  11. Breplum

Design oil warehouse

I've never seen Fire Sprinkler contractors/engineers on plumbing forums and you won't get design help 'online'.
  12. Breplum

Rectorseal Backflow Valve

email or text me. see the conversation. my files are too big right now and this site doesn't allow downsizing on the fly.
  13. Breplum

elgato, please see my "conversation" to you in this forum. I'm happy to send the assembly I have for the cost of postage.
  14. Breplum

Kitchen sink drain pipe slip-joint slips off

We use the blue or orange colored beveled silicone slip joint washers. The whitish poly washers don't grab as well. The white tailpiece tube should be fully long enough to be gripped by the washer. Your dishwasher drain hose is a nice way to have backup sewage go into the DW. A dishwasher...
  15. Breplum

Air gap when dishwasher is not near the sink?

Terrible and not to code. Don't use it that way. Put in a DW air gap on the sink, run drain to the air gap any way you can.
  16. Breplum

I checked and my part is EBV 431F. would the 96980 work with effort? https://www.ferguson.com/product/rectorseal-clean-check-flapper-3---4-in.-pvc-valve-repair-part-rec96980/7181262.html worth a try. I am certainly ready to remove my flapper and send for the cost of shipping. Time to trash...
  17. Breplum

old cast iron radiators primary/secondary layout question

u might try the heating help/the wall site. maybe use oxygen barrier pex too. fyi, old water piping was steel, not cast iron that I've ever heard of. cast iron is drainage piping material
  18. Breplum

Replacing washing machine valves

The plumbing item is a hose bibb. search YouTube 'hose bibb washer replacement' or here you go
  19. Breplum

Replacing washing machine valves

All valves like that in you pic are repairable., And yes, you can add aftermarket garden hose ball valves, but, get the ones with longer levers on them.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks