Search results

1. Schrammdriller

shared well

Do a search for the 'water well council' - there you will find free recordable documents for sharing wells. Also much information about wells in general - it is a situation that works fine with meters and good contracts that carry with the deed.
  2. Schrammdriller

electrical recirculating pump

My grunfos pumps freeze up every year. Open the chrome screw on the motor end, and with a penlite you will see the end of the motor rotor, it has a screwdriver slot in it. Turn the rotor in the direction of the arrows next to the cap, jog it in and out to allow water to push out, along with...
  3. Schrammdriller

Problem with Goulds J Plus jet pump, motor stuck

I would keep a can of silicone spray or wd 40 down there and hit the motor internals on each septic tank visit. That motor does not care about neutral from hot on 120 volt set up.
  4. Schrammdriller

pitless adapter question

In these parts, if you go to the well guy and ask for a bleeder valve, you will get a rubber valve that has a molded flapper that can only close part way due to a small molded tit that allows presure to bleed off [water to leak] when the pump is off. So if the guy goes with the valve, he just...
  5. Schrammdriller

pitless adapter question

The bleeder valve is a good idea, but all that I see do not shut off completely, [by design] so he will be losing water down the well constantly. Looks like a good place for a plain tank with checkvalve, schrader and air release valve. If he stays with just the checkvalve at the pump, he...
  6. Schrammdriller

Buying electricity from a neighbor....issues?

The utility would not be involved. I am coming out of a neighbors meter box. So here is the vision - 300 feet to cross the property line, with say # 2 copper. Feed a dry transformer that steps voltage up to 600 volts. Overhead or underground 2000 feet to home site. Step down transformer to...
  7. Schrammdriller

I can get the POCO power to my property line out of the neighbors box pretty quick and cheap. Then its 2 to 3000 feet to a point of use. So thats a big hit on wire for that run if underground. What would you guys run on a private overhead line, 100 amps, 3000' long with 240 volts? The...
  8. Schrammdriller

Running power lines in rural California has become very expensive. Utilities want totally clear space of 80' in width, bare of growth. This is almost impossible in some heavily forested and steep areas. Then the cost of the install is outrageous. My neighbor has an old service from the days...
  9. Schrammdriller

Has the Kohler Cimarron gotten better in the last year?

I installed 4 of the "central" American standard 3 toilets this year. They look good and flush anything that might fit through an intestine. The tanks were domestic, the bases were Mexico, and I saw no warping or twisting in the porcelin.
  10. Schrammdriller

Valve with degree marks.. What is it?

You probably do not need to lift the pump, the valve you have is likely a Well-mate Micronizer. This is a venturi type valve that admits air to a plain tank. It does not require a bleed down valve. There were some others made also. It is adjustable. You should be able to feel air being...
  11. Schrammdriller

Replacing a galv nipple

All municipalities I know must change out lead service pipes at their cost. Most have a program to do so, but many are on a "complaint basis" = waiting for your call and threat to sue. Does this come from a main into your meter? Be sure not to make a pot of coffee from that first shot of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks