Search results

1. jaxbldginspector

Break up the walls or not

Black & Decker "Home Wiring" sold at Books A Million.
  2. jaxbldginspector

The picture says it all!

It was actually made of metal! This was in a kitchen in an old school that was turned into a daycare. I couldn't find the UL rating on this one.......
  3. jaxbldginspector

The picture says it all!

On a scale of one to ten this one is an eleven!
  4. jaxbldginspector

Has anyone used or heard of the powershaver?

Goto powershaver.com to find out more information. I have inquired for information to be sent to me. I hope it is not a gimmick.
  5. jaxbldginspector

A few more

This will be a business. Matter of fact it will be a four story hotel. The red conduit is for the fire alarm system.
  6. jaxbldginspector

A few more

Very colorfull!
  7. jaxbldginspector

Some pics to talk about

Romex 10/2 w/g Romex 10/3 w/g Romex 12/2 w/g Romex 12/3 w/g
  8. jaxbldginspector

Main Disconnect Question

wow look what I started its all my fault
  9. jaxbldginspector

Main Disconnect Question

My response. If my name was Obama I guess you would think I was the President of the United States?
  10. jaxbldginspector

Main Disconnect Question

What are the requirements for a main disconnect on 200 amp service? Is a disconnect required at the meter or will a 200 amp panel with a disconnect be correct? The panel box is not located on an interior wall right behind the meter, it is at least 20 ft away from the meter. The main wire going...
  11. jaxbldginspector

Panel box location

Thanks for the info!
  12. jaxbldginspector

Panel box location

Is there a minimum distance that a panel box can be located near a sink as long as it is not over a counter? Thanks again
  13. jaxbldginspector

Double Lugging

Does double lugging only pertain to circuit breakers or can it pertain to the load side of a meter socket? Does the NEC mention anything about double lugging? Thanks for any information provided.
  14. jaxbldginspector

Code Question

I think I found the answer: NEC 220-4 (c) Laundry Branch Circuits-Dwelling Unit. In addition to the number of branch circuits determined in accordance with (a) and (b) above, at least one additional 20-ampere branch circuit shall be provided to supply the laundry receptacle outlet(s)...
  15. jaxbldginspector

Code Question

Does a washing machine need a dedicated circuit? Thanks again
  16. jaxbldginspector

Code Question

Thanks for the info. You are appreciated!
  17. jaxbldginspector

Code Question

Is there a requirement in the NEC that a three-way switch is required for a set of stairs leading down to a basement or upstairs to another floor/room? I know it needs to be there but I am looking for the code. Thanks This is the best website of all times!
  18. jaxbldginspector

Connecting to City Sewer Main

The City made a new tap and extended a 4" PVC lateral from the center of the street to my property line. Their main is about 3 or 4' deep. I only have to run my new 4" sewer line approximately 10 to 15' to connect to theirs. My sewer pipe is about 12" deep coming from under the house. Do I...
  19. jaxbldginspector

location of service entrance

I have seven townhouses being built. Can four of the services be located on one end and three on the other? Thanks for all your help.
  20. jaxbldginspector

Wiring question

What does URD stand for?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks