Search results

1. J

SaniGloss finish has developed water spots

I have also for the interior, but for the exterior I have used a mild dishwashing soap (Dove) that is acceptable according to the cleaning instructions that came with the Sanigloss supplemental page.
  2. J

SaniGloss finish has developed water spots

I have used nothing other than water and Dove liquid dish to clean the exterior of my Ultramax toilet, MS854114SG, which has developed water stains. Anyone else have this problem or have a remedy? Thanks.
  3. J

Having Toto Ultramax installed tomorrow yet have big question. Help!

I wouldn't think that the height of the toilet seat would exceed the 31" of my counter, but the concern is that the toilet seat would be inset from the counter and a person's back would be against the counter rather than the toilet seat. And if the toilet seat is indeed in front of the counter...
  4. J

Interesting that you came up with 7"; if mine will work at 8.5" than you will have plenty of room. Did your measurements imply that much more than 7" would be too long for the toilet? "also want to consider whether the extra depth of the counter may hinder access inside the tank" - another...
  5. J

The installation has been put off for at least one day. I called the company where I purchased the toilet (special order), and a store rep told me that I would be OK as the distance from the back of the tank to the seat is 12". Others concur on this? Thanks.
  6. J

Thanks. I looked at the spec sheet but did not see a dimension from the back of the tank to the where the seat cover is located.
  7. J

I just looked at the dimensions of my bathroom and saw where my sink counter, which extends pat the toilet, juts out 8 and 1/2 inches from the wall. Is the distance from the bank of the Toto tank to the back of the seat greater than 8 and 1/2 inches so that while sitting on the toilet a person's...
  8. J

French curve toilet seat on Toto toilets?

Thanks Terry. If for some reason I am not fond of the Toto seats, would I have a problem installing another manufacturer; i.e., Kohler seat? Thanks! Toto Softclose seat
  9. J

Does Toto make a "regular" non-French curve seat for its toilets (Ultramax)? Thanks.
  10. J

Thanks for prompt reply.....so Toto does not make a "regular shape" enlongated seat? Salesman did not tell me about two different white; he just stated "cotton white". Is that the most white? Thanks.
  11. J

I am considering the Toto Ultramax toilet but heard that they all Toto toilets come with what is called a French curve toilet seat, and am concerned whether I would like this shape (I have had a round seat on a Murray toilet for the last 20 years). I was told by the salesperson that I could...
  12. J

Toto vc. American Standard Champion 4 versus Kohler

I appreciate everyone's responses. Is their a difference among brands as to the effectiveness of their flapper (or other) systems? Every toilet I have ever owned has had occassional or frequent problems in this area. Or are such problems just inherent with toilets regardless of brand or cost? It...
  13. J

Toto vc. American Standard Champion 4 versus Kohler

I see where this forum is favored toward Toto, but I have the following concerns and/or questions: Consumer Reports only rated the Toto Carlyle as average for solid waste disposal, behind the American Standard, Koehler, Eljer, and Gerber models (it also rated below them in total score). The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks