Search results

1. wwilson1

Caroma toilet questions.

I'm looking at using the Caroma Caravelle 270 or the Tasman 270 to replace a toilet that needs a 10" rough in. Another option is the American Standard Cadet 3459 (10†rough in), but the Caroma does much better in the MAP testing. 1. Does anyone have any opinions on the Caroma vs. American...
  2. wwilson1

Tub faucet and shower head location?

Need more help! I'm installing a new delta tub/shower valve, tub spout and shower head. Questions: 1. How high should the showerhead be? It will be about 72" from the bottom of the tub to the elbow on the riser - about where the old one was. Is that okay? 3. How far should the tub faucet be...
  3. wwilson1

Bathroom sink and toilet supply plumbing.

I bought the shut-off valves and stainless steel braided hose to connect the ½†galvanized plumbing in the wall to the bathroom sink hot/cold and the toilet. The ball valves I bought are ½†female (that will attach to the wall) and 3/8†male out. Is it okay to go from ½†to 3/8†– will...
  4. wwilson1

Need help installing a new tub/shower faucet.

follow on tub faucet mark and jimbo, Thanks for the help. One more question: Will the male IPS threads (straight) on the Delta work with the galvanized couplers (NPT taper I presume)? I plan to use teflon tape for thread sealing. Wayne
  5. wwilson1

Need help installing a new tub/shower faucet.

All, I need some advice for installing a new tub/shower valve. The first two photos show the existing arrangement, and the last photo shows the new valve. I want to use galvanized pipe and fittings since I’m not capable of doing copper. 1. The new valve has male (IPS) threads sticking out...
  6. wwilson1

Not a weekend project anymore...subfloor questions...

I’ve been working on preparing a small bathroom for a tile install. The subfloor is ¾†plywood over I-beam type joists. There is a finished basement below. The joists are 16†on center and assuming they span about ½ the width of the house they are 16ft. Generally the floor seems fairly...
  7. wwilson1

Floor Tile Question

I started thinking I may want to replace the floor some day (this is my 1st tile project) so...would it be more prudent to tile up to the vanity, and if my tile job goes south I can take it out w/o having to pull the vanity out? Since this is DIY; time consuming processes - like cutting tile...
  8. wwilson1

Dealing with toilet floor flange in remodel

The house was built in 1979. The pipe and flange look to be black PVC and the part that is screwed down is painted-pressed-sheet metal. The particle board around the base is soft (ruined) due to some sort of leak in the past. Part of it is now gone due to it being pulled out as I removed the...
  9. wwilson1

Bathroom tile installation.

I’m preparing a bathroom for tile installation and I’ve been removing a 3/8 layer of glued down particle board that had vinyl floor attached to it. The particle board is attached to ¾†plywood. It looks like the cast iron tub is sitting on the particle board. So basically I’ve removed...
  10. wwilson1

Floor Tile Question

I'm in the same boat, and want to make sure I understand your suggestion. You are saying it is easier to go ahead and tile the floor and run the tile into the area where the vanity cabinet will sit such that the vanity will sit on top of the tile that is running up to and maybe a few inches...
  11. wwilson1

Dealing with toilet floor flange in remodel

I’m working on a bathroom remodel. The last couple evenings I’ve been chiseling/scraping a 3/8†layer of glued down particle board off of the ¾†plywood sub-floor. I found a pneumatic automotive chisel works good. I’m having a problem removing the toilet floor flange to get to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks