Search results

1. Franner11

Fridge Ice Maker Water Line Burst - HELP!

they also didn't have a 1/4" ball valve. this is what i bought:
  2. Franner11

the line coming from the crawlspace is a 1/4" copper line. they didn't have 1/4" sharkbite valves. had to buy the kind like the one that currently won't shut off. i ended up buying a 10' supply of 1/4 copper line and a new union to connect to the fridge. i'll give it a shot tonight.
  3. Franner11

Thanks. HD is right around the corner. Do the sharkbite things come in a kit?
  4. Franner11

thanks for the advice guys. i appreciate it!
  5. Franner11

Well, after a few beers and it being midnight, there wasn't much I could do but tie a knot in it - did what I had to do. I was working with the old stuff that was already there. What's a girl to do when I don't have a huge plumbing code book sitting around telling me what's right and wrong...
  6. Franner11

Hey guys - Fran here again... Had a hard plastic type line break (snapped) a couple of years ago, so I mistakenly (I guess) put in a new line of the flexible 1/4" pvc/rubbery line after the shut off valve and ran it to the fridge using the old fittings. Well, that puppy burst at about midnight...
  7. Franner11

sink supply line leak fix question

you are correct. the leak is either happening where the hex bolt surrounds the grey pvc line or where the brass coupler connects to the hex bolt (inside). is it difficult to put a new washer in the grey pvc supply line?
  8. Franner11

also, not sure if one flex line would work. both the shut off valve and the faucet connection male parts are the same size - like 3/8" or around there. do they make flex lines with both ends having the female receptors for 3/8"? if not, i'll be in the same boatr and will need to connect two...
  9. Franner11

by the way, not sure if i made this clear or not - it's leaking where the brass nipples are. nowhere else. also, i know for certain that the brass nipple threads are the correct ones - i fitted a few at lowes before i bought them, double checked with the plumbing dept guy, and when i connected...
  10. Franner11

hey guys! fran here again. a question in regards to a new sink install in my bathroom.... so i bought a new faucet online and it came with the flexible supply lines for both hot and cold. consequently, the flex lines connect to the faucet itself and on the other end where it would connect...
  11. Franner11

can't get toilet flush with floor after installing new wax ring

thanks gary - i'll keep an eye on it and switch it out if necessary.
  12. Franner11

awesome - that's exactly what it is - thanks so much - i'll give it a shot. so glad that's such an easy fix!
  13. Franner11

hey guys, fran here. having issues with reinstalling my toilet. i just installed new slate tile and put a new flange in where the old was. i ended up getting one of those flanges that fits inside the 3" pipe and not the regular ones that fits outside the pipe. it's a long story as to why, but...
  14. Franner11

Removing Rag from Toilet Drain Line

thanks! you guys rock! i fished around for it and just couldn't find it anywhere. i don't really wanna cut a line, so i'm just gonna leave it for now. anything i should look for (sounds, smells) other than a toilet overflowing, that would show signs of a blockage? i swear i've flushed the...
  15. Franner11

awesome! thanks for the tip!
  16. Franner11

rubber coupling is what i was talking about: http://www.absoluteponds.com/images/rubber-coupling.jpg
  17. Franner11

Thanks for the quick responses, guys! I think my line is 3-1/2 but I'm not sure (I'll check again tonight) it's either 3" or 4" if it isn't 3-1/2 (duh). I don't have a septic tank - I'm on city sewer. As for the shop vac - how would I get good suction out of that? Should I duct tape it to the...
  18. Franner11

Before I go buy a snake or hire a plumber, I want to see if I can do this myself. I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel. I removed the toilet and installed a new drain pipe that I haven't cut to size yet (haven't tiled yet). I used a small rag to block the sewer gases and it seems to have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks