Search results

1. Cybermonkey

Bradford white lowboy

It will be an eletric HWH. I will definitly take your advice and put a pan under it! Do they make a drain for the floor that acts like a check valve? The HWH will sit on my first floor above my crawlspace. If I had a drain to the crawlspace below I would be golden. Accept I am probobibly...
  2. Cybermonkey

Bradford white lowboy

Hey guys, I am in the process of getting ready to install a hot water heater. My idea is to install the HWH in a closet underneth a stairwell. The problem is my max height is 48". So, I am considering a Bradford White Lowboy 47 gal version. I have a wife, two kids and two bathrooms. I...
  3. Cybermonkey

15 AMP switches

Thanks for the reply. The other question is: Can you install a 20AMP switch on a 15AMP circuit?
  4. Cybermonkey

15 AMP switches

So, basically if the switch is just supplying the light I should be just fine? Thanks for the help!
  5. Cybermonkey

15 AMP switches

I wired my bedrooms with 12 gauge wire and have already orded my switches that are 15AMP:eek:. Can I install these switches or is this a code violation? The other question is: Can you install a 20AMP switch on a 15AMP circuit? It seems like common sense tells me 20AMP switch for 20AMP...
  6. Cybermonkey

Zoeller Aquanot II Vs. Zoeller Homeguard

I am looking into a backup for my primary sump pump. I am on the fence on either purchasing the aquanot II Battery backup system or the Homeguard venturi system. I live on a high water table. My sump pump runs every few minutes during flood season. November through April here in Washington...
  7. Cybermonkey

How do you cut clay pipe????

Thanks guys for the info. It sounds like it would be cheaper for me to hire a pro than buy a snapper for 1 cut. Thanks again
  8. Cybermonkey

What is a T&M basis???? Sounds romantic.
  9. Cybermonkey

I have a 6 inch clay pipe I need to cut to put a Fernco fitting on. What would you guys suggest I use to make a clean cut???? Thanks in advance
  10. Cybermonkey

Choosing New Toilets

Now we're thinking of going with either the Toto Dartmouth or the Clayton. Problem is we already have a 10" rough in. Can we buy the unifit adapter to change the rough-in on these as well? Also, do either of these come in a round bowl, and if not, is the elongated bowl an issue with keeping it...
  11. Cybermonkey

Do you guys caulk lead vent pipes????

I used common sense and filled the drain 1 inch below the ABS at the top of my roof. Therefore water did not penentrate between tha top of the ABS and the lead vent. Thanks for the heads up though. As a added bonus, the pipedope sealed all my cleanouts. Relief..... thanks again everyone
  12. Cybermonkey

Choosing New Toilets

Thanks for the suggestions-we'll check them out.
  13. Cybermonkey

Choosing New Toilets

Need low water use toilet for home restoration... Hi Everyone, We're restoring a 1910 bungalow. Need a toilet that will help keep our water usage down (so that we can continue to use original septic system) that will also look good in a traditional bathroom. The other fixtures are an...
  14. Cybermonkey

Thanks HJ, The test cap idea is great if the pipe dope does not work. thanks again.
  15. Cybermonkey

Did I really cause myself alot of grief by overtightening the ABS? I hope not. What can I do now..... I thought it was the lack of some type of pipe dope.....
  16. Cybermonkey

Tested my system this afternoon and 2 things leaked. The lead vents pipes that cover the ABS sticking six inches through my roof and most of my cleanouts. Back to the lead vents, I previously hammered them over the ABS and they worked fine. It was the water from filling my system up that went...
  17. Cybermonkey

80 year old septic question....I need your guys opinion!

I punched the hole in the wall today and everything seems to line up just right. My question now is, can I mortar 4 inch ABS into the septic????
  18. Cybermonkey

80 year old septic question....I need your guys opinion!

I was getting ready for my rough in inspection and I noticed the 4 inch cast iron pipe leading into my septic tank was loose. So I dug around the pipe and saw that it was basically sitting there, the mortar that connected it to the tank was broken, so I took off the pipe. What do I do now...
  19. Cybermonkey

Copper naphthenate -- where to get?

They sell it at home depot in the paint section. The stuff is nasty, wear gloves!
  20. Cybermonkey

Oop's I hit a pipe with an auger bit!

Thanks for the cool pic. I will definitly install the repair coupling tommorow. I really admire your guys line of work and am saddened my plumbing project is coming to an end. Thanks again.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks