Search results

1. Suceress

My Ensuite Renovation WIP

I realize that my other thread about the fiberglass tub got confusing because it started out about a different bathroom and I moved on to my ensuite. I have two ensuites back to back. I'm not sure when the original house was built but the ensuites and bedrooms attached to them seem to have been...
  2. Suceress

Need opinions/assistance with grab bar & showerhead positioning please

I have another thread about a bathroom reno and removing a fiberglass showertub unit to replace with a shower. I think its a bit too long to get to the meat of my current quandary: Where to place the grab bars and the showerhead. The shower will be a Sterling Ensemble Curve (already purchased)...
  3. Suceress

Low heel inlet 1/4 bend with vertical inlet as vent for water closet

Hi, my state is under IPC 2012. Via google I found some threads that discussed the use of the low heel inlet bends but there seemed to be some dispute about whether or not they could be used for water closets due to some wording in the code. I think...
  4. Suceress

Need help choosing new float/switch method for cistern

I have an antiquated well system with an odd set up. I have a PVC pipe that goes in to the ground (not sure how deep). Attached to that pipe is a 2-wheeled air compressor pump. Specs on the motor say it is 1HP, 12.2/6.0-6.1A, 115/208-230V. (so we have horse power, amperage, and voltage). The...
  5. Suceress

Installing a direct drain for tub

I may have mentioned in another thread that I discovered the previous owners screwed up when renovating my bathroom by cutting through a joist for the tub's drain. I thought it was just notched, but last time I crawled under there (sans camera) I discovered it is cut all the way through. I can...
  6. Suceress

Tub installation- Mortar bed questions

My friend is going to get the American Standard Saver tub from Lowes (it's called Ovation at HomeDepot). The installation instructions call for a mortar bed. Neither of us have ever worked with mortar (although I've poured cement & we've both worked with floor leveling mix-- not the...
  7. Suceress

Will Toto ST743E fit C744SG?

I have an old CST744SG 1.6gpf Toto Drake. Recently I had a problem when I changed out the supply line (which was leaking). Old line did not want to come off and the tank moved. It has since started leaking from the gasket between bowl and tank. It could need to be re-aligned or the gasket might...
  8. Suceress

Canister/tower flush valve vs Flapper. Which is better?

I was reading discussion about which toilets are recommended for people to get over on another forum & someone mentioned getting a Drake II with the new canister/tower flush valve. I didn't even knew such a thing existed so I started looking it up but mostly seem to find Kohler ones. I saw that...
  9. Suceress

Washing machine drain tie-in placement, 5' rule?

I'm in Louisiana but in 2016 the state code was abandoned and reverted to IPC 2012. I was drawing up plans for a remodel and I was advised to have the washing machine drain tie in at least 5' away from other fixtures to avoid suds bubbling up in them. 1. Is this a common problem and is there...
  10. Suceress

Connecting PVC & CPVC to PEX & using check valves?

I've had a thread up here for a long time about needing to remodel. The house was built sometime in the 1940s and there were some DIY modifications from previous owners. It's a single floor home raised off the ground with wood floor and about a 2' to 3' crawl space underneath. The main issue...
  11. Suceress

Fixing S-trap under kitchen sink

I live in an old house and the plumbing is not up-to-code. Every single sink in my house has an S-trap. The easiest one to fix is the kitchen sink and I am trying to figure out the best way to go about doing so. The old configuration was a mess (the garbage disposal did not drain well- and got...
  12. Suceress

Info: How to Add or Replace a Septic Sewage System

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. I am not an installer or plumber or contractor. I am a homeowner who had a septic tank and leach field system replaced. I'm sharing this info to help people avoid some of my mistakes as well as to better understand the process involved in having this done. This is...
  13. Suceress

Corner toilets? SinkPositive

Awhile back I was browsing through pictures of solutions for small spaces and I happened upon a photo of a toilet that actually fits in to a corner diagonally. I'd seen corner sinks before but I admit I was fascinated by the corner toilet. I doubt I would actually get one because I think there...
  14. Suceress

Tiny laundry room & useless bathroom: need suggestions

I will probably have to provide diagrams at some point but basically on the southeast end of my kitchen there is a doorway (with a curtain rather than door) that has a door out to the back on the left and a bathroom on the left side with the door parallel to the kitchen doorway. The hallway...
  15. Suceress

Need to replace pressure tank

In the continuing saga of my bad luck, after replacing my compressor/motor with pulley wheels that brings the water up into the cistern and the jet pump that pumps the water out of the cistern and to the house (had to replace that twice because I got a piece of garbage Countryline pump that died...
  16. Suceress

Cleaning hard water stains off of Toto Drake with CEFIONTECT

I purchased a Toto Drake with CEFIONTECT a few years ago and never got around to installing a water softener. The water from my well is very hard and comes out with a reddish brown tint. It stains everything with this discoloration and above the water line and particularly focused at the water...
  17. Suceress

Need to replace one-piece fiberglass shower/tub unit

I've mentioned this before when I first came to this forum. This avocado green thing is hideous and the bottom cracked under my brother's weight. I'm all thumbs with measuring tapes but it seems like the outside measurements were about 59.5" or so (I couldn't get an accurate measurement...
  18. Suceress

Septic Tank questions

I live in a house that is over 50 years old and I know the septic tank was installed before we purchased the house in the mid 80s. The house has a 500 gallon septic tank with one field line. We made sure to get it drained regularly but we had to start draining more frequently in recent years...
  19. Suceress

Water backing up into tub and other bathroom

Hi, I'll start out by saying that I have a well & pump system and a septic tank. After a severe leak over a year ago, two of my bathrooms are in the process of being remodelled/repaired. The half-bath is being used as storage space as it is too small to be used by most of the people in my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks