Search results

1. Suceress

My Ensuite Renovation WIP

Thanks. I haven't posted in awhile. Whole family got Covid and my mother almost died-- not from Covid, but from a kidney stone that triggered diabetic ketoacidosis and put her in ICU for awhile. I will have to dig up the photo, but I added a suction cup towel bar for my washcloth. It keeps...
  2. Suceress

Knocked one more thing off the list: Mounted the robe hook. It was a pain because the screws stripped out (I pre-drilled but they were designed to go into drywall anchors and I was trying to put them into a stud). They got stuck almost all the way in and removing them was a pain. I accidentally...
  3. Suceress

Bathroom sink conversion, single or double?

I think it is important to consider the function in this case. Is there more than one person using the bathroom at a time? Would there need to be a 2nd sink? Resale value is another consideration. I've seen a lot of shows where people want double sinks in a bathroom. I personally like a single...
  4. Suceress

More pictures. Last pic was of the toilet paper holder (I cleaned up the floor after that-- the messed up wall painted white will be covered with wainscoting). Towel bar. Please excuse the distortion. It got all weird because I had to resize smaller so the image could be posted. I added the...
  5. Suceress

Pictures (continued). After removing tape-- its very sloppy and nowhere near perfect but I'm satisfied with it. I do need to fill in the holes from the old towel bar but that is not urgent. more pictures in next post (not sure how many can fit in one post).
  6. Suceress

Looks like Tumblr pics worked now. But I'm going to try to post some here and see how it goes. Finished caulking & painting, got shower curtain rods up, curtain up, hooks on back wall rod for backscrubbers/body scrubbers, got a suction cup bin to hold bath gloves & hide the patch job over where...
  7. Suceress

Can't upload photos?

Thank you, Taylor! I'm going to see if I can post some photos to catch up now.
  8. Suceress

Got three pieces of horizontal trim up & a corner trim piece. Friend started feeling sick from the smell of the adhesive (I didn't even notice a smell from it at all but my allergies have my nose plugged up a bit). Because of how I shimmed on the side wall (due to how it tilts) I didn't have to...
  9. Suceress

What did you do today?

It will be so nice to shower in my own bathroom and not have to go over to my friend's house for it! My friend only has one bathroom so its awkward as no one else feels comfortable going in while I'm showering. I personally don't care if anyone walks in on me but I know they would feel awkward...
  10. Suceress

What did you do today?

Today was productive even if we only had 3 hours to work. It poured rain on my trim as I was bringing it up from the workshop to the house. My workshop is pretty far from the house. It was only sprinkling when I went down to get it but by the time I was bringing it out to the truck it was coming...
  11. Suceress

What did you do today?

Since my last post I've drilled the pilot hole for the tub spout from the closet, "mudded" the cement board with modified thinset mortar (as per mfr instructions), installed L-bead trim along with the "mud", used a repair kit on the exposed steel on the tub, installed the surround, primed &...
  12. Suceress

I got the holes drilled. Had to go down to the workshop and find a corded drill that was over 20 years old. May even be older than that because my Matrix doesn't have a large enough hole for the shanks. I thought I got ones with 3/8" shank and that should fit, but it didn't. Old corded one...
  13. Suceress

I used the stowsen tub repair kit (designed for small chips) on the big gouge with exposed steel. First attempt was awful. I had to dremel it down and try again with a different color from the kit. Ended up having to mix two colors. They come in small syringes so I had to use a brush to spread...
  14. Suceress

I chilled the water first this time and did half the amount. I also put a trash compactor bag inside the bucket to preserve the bucket. It helped keep the mix colder and slow the setting process. I was having a bad coordination day-- dropping things, tripping, etc and my back was already...
  15. Suceress

I made an attempt at spreading mortar and I suck at it. I used the mix ratio recommended by mfr but it was too dry. It peeled some of the tape off of the screws & gave me all sorts of trouble. Not even halfway through my mix dried up (I had a lid on it to try to slow the drying). So, my bucket...
  16. Suceress

Her insurance refused to cover the Freestyle Libres. I've heard Dexcom G7 is more accurate and can do an alarm as well. She *should* qualify for Medicare to cover that one if the doctor puts in the codes properly to do the prescription for it. But trying to get her to agree to wear one is a...
  17. Suceress

Been having some stress with my disabled mother getting low blood sugar and sort of sundowning in the middle of the night. I've been having to make sure she get sugar because she gets too confused and last night she fell twice. She's not hurt, but it's concerning. I adjusted all of the trim and...
  18. Suceress

Got the aklakai resistant mesh tape up: Dry fit of side panels so I could put up the L-bead trim. With center panel dry fit. I did secure the right side trim (not the top though) and left side, but the trim and panel had shifted so I need to remove the staples and move it in a bit. Will get...
  19. Suceress

What did you do today?

Today I trimmed the plastic away, lined the tub with plastic to protect from drips. Filled in some holes with hot glue, and then applied Aquadefense to the edges and over the screw holes of the cement board. The tape and thinset can be applied over aquadefense. I also lightly used it on some...
  20. Suceress

I've looked at the laser level prices and seen how much effort it takes to use them and decided I'm better off with a manual level. I'd probably drop the laser one and break it. We got a lot done. My friend had to do more of the heavy lifting and cutting and such. We had to take the side boards...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks