Search results

1. ferd

water smells like sewer water

Anybody think maybe the anode rod in the water heater is causing the smell. And it's pushing water back out of the inlet as it heats up. Flush the heater out and/ or replace the anode with an aluminum one.
  2. ferd

Commercial water heater output

output 130 deg incoming can be down to 40 boiler should put out 500 gph Just wondering what differance the tank will make.
  3. ferd

Commercial water heater output

If I have a 400,000 btu boiler heating water into a 370 gallon tank and I change the tank out to a 120 gallon tank, how much capacity do I loose? Assuming 95% eff boiler.
  4. ferd

GFI tripping

Already checked. gfi isn't even in the box to touch anything.
  5. ferd

GFI tripping

Installed a gfi duplex in place of standard duplex. Vent fan uses the same feed. gfi trips when you tune the fan off. Wired the fan direct to the feed, not thru the gfi, but gfi still trips. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks
  6. ferd

Does a water softer shorten the life of your water heater?

Have had a softner and the same water heater for the last 35 years. If anything, I would think that a softner would help a water heater.
  7. ferd

Phase converter

L3 is the wild leg. it will always be higher voltage. You want to balance the amps, not the volts.
  8. ferd

Mystery well water smell and taste

I guess I just don't get it. You had 10gpm of good water and that wasn't enough? Around here, we have 5gpm and like it. You learn what you can do and what you can't. But my well is only157' deep with water @ 50'
  9. ferd

forum font

I third it
  10. ferd

WH lifetimes

Our WH was installed in 1972! Nothing ever comes out when it's drained. So I guess we are ahead of the curve. I credit the longevity with it heating at 65k btu's and we have a softener on well water. We never run out of hot water! I think that by heating at this high rate it is not as efficient...
  11. ferd

Tankless in an unconditioned NJ attic

Better check your math.
  12. ferd

Washing Machine -Warm Cycle is not warm

Two options: Take a pliers and pull the screens out and replace with screened washers in the hoses or close the cold water valve enough to get the water temperature that you want! This isn't rocket science.
  13. ferd

Box store water heaters

I have a AO Smith that was installed 1/1972 and is still working fine. 50 gallon with a 65k burner might have something to do with it.:)
  14. ferd

Peroxide

actual question My question actually is how much would it take to oxidize the sulfur, not how much to get a 1:1 ratio.
  15. ferd

Peroxide

Having well water with 10 ppm of sulfur, how much 35% peroxide do I have to add per 100 gallon to oxidize the sulfur?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks