Search results

1. do it right

Toilet flange in lead drain sleeve

Just remodeled and re-tiled our bathroom. There were two layers of tile on a mud bed which was with plywood and hardibacker and new tile. As a result, the floor is much lower than the toilet flange - 3/4". The flange was made of brass and was soldered to a lead sleeve that runs straight into a...
  2. do it right

Plumber's Putty around rim of kitchen sink?? Formica countertop

I'm not a professional plumber, but I just installed a granite countertop, sink and faucet in one of our bathrooms. If your countertop is stone or solid surface, plumber's putty should not be used as it can discolor the countertop. The plumber's putty container I was going to use noted this in...
  3. do it right

Proper way to cap unused dedicated dishwasher drain

Thanks for the response. By fine, do you mean code compliant? James
  4. do it right

Proper way to cap unused dedicated dishwasher drain

My house has a 1 1/2" copper drainline that is dedicated to the disshwasher. The drain is connected directly to the 1 1/2" copper vent and is located in the rear wall of the lower left hand corner of the dishwasher space. The kitchen sink drains into the same vent but above the dishwasher...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks