Search results

1. jnrwood

Air in water lines

No, no problem with smelly water, was told there there was iron in water and they had "hard water", but no smells . i dont see much to the micronizer system, just that little dial thingy after check valve, unless another unit is part of it. there's what they're calling a whole house filter with...
  2. jnrwood

Air in water lines

I'll remove it entirely with guts of check valve next time i'm there (had other work to do yesterday). it was set at a more or less a halfway setting, nobody messed with it, but i was told it can go, especially if it fixes the problem.
  3. jnrwood

Air in water lines

Ok, here's the latest. When i emptied the tank, yes, alot of air in water, just like when they run faucets. replaced pressure guage. precharge was at 25, filled it to 33, with empty tank (cut in was 35, cut-out 53). no hole in bladder, its holding air without leaks. i had my friend flip breaker...
  4. jnrwood

Air in water lines

gotcha, sounds good , i'll let you kinow how it turns out.
  5. jnrwood

Air in water lines

Yes, looks like metal union, will try the hammer trick and see how hard it is to de-gut the valve. I'll check all the rest also on monday with checking precharge, etc. Would there be another check valve down the well, besides a foot valve or one in the pump? I think the well is probably...
  6. jnrwood

Air in water lines

looks similar to whats in there. do you also agree that the upper check valve should come out? i guess if its there it will be hard to check for leak-water pressure wont go down if its working. And to plug tee on downpipe- whats needed- pull pipe 5 ft or whatever it is? i may be able to...
  7. jnrwood

Air in water lines

i heard that. now i know about that air injector, gonna figure out what the dial does, how it might affect it. not forgetting what you said about the tank, and leak. so tank should be without bladder?
  8. jnrwood

Air in water lines

here's a picture hopefully
  9. jnrwood

Air in water lines

That sounds good to me- i'll ask her if she's got the iron problem. the i'm just confused over why she said the problem only started a month ago. And definitely no check valve before tank?
  10. jnrwood

Air in water lines

.Hi, i'm trying to diagnose a problem in my friends plumbing system. She has air coming out of faucets, especially noticable when toilets tanks are re-filling. She says its only been happening for a month or so. The bladder type tank was installed about 10 years ago. Its possible that the...
  11. jnrwood

50 amp breaker for camper supply outlet

Yes, those breakers would work, must have missed them. It is a strictly 120 volt service, i'll have to look into the rating and size of the cord, but the inside service panel calls it a 45 amp service(the breakers add up to that) so i assumed the cord would support that- not good to assume? i...
  12. jnrwood

50 amp breaker for camper supply outlet

I want to run a 50 amp , 120 volt service for a camper hook-up. There are 200 amps available at the box by the meter. there is already a mobile home running from there using 100 amps. i have only been able to find 2-pole 50 amp breakers designed for 220v. Can i use one pole of this breaker ...
  13. jnrwood

wiring pressure switch for 120 volt pump

Thanks for the advice- the pump worked great!
  14. jnrwood

thats pretty clear- does it matter which pair i use?
  15. jnrwood

Hello out there- I've wired a new pressure switch for a 120 volt submersible pump, and i want to be sure i've got it right before turning it on. normally i make a diagram or take a picture when replacing a switch, but there is no old switch here to go by, and i'm used to 220 volt pumps anyway...
  16. jnrwood

insulating buried supply line

thats right , he will have that understanding( dont need papers signed in this case) i knew it may freeze but may have underestimated the bursting part. i know frozen pipes burst but thought the waterline may be a little tougher than say a small copper pipe. if he has to dig it up again...
  17. jnrwood

Thanks for the info, i believe what your saying. we ran 1" pe pipe inside 4" solid drainage pipe. the backhoe got down 2-3 ft. its not backfilled yet. The line from the well to the main house is the same depth and its never frozen( its only 40' as opposed to 200'). the guy who put that in...
  18. jnrwood

sounds like the way to go. The guy whose house it is, is in jamaica, and the backhoe and operator are already contracted to dig for the line. i don't think he'll go for the $12 a foot thing, though i personally know you get what you pay for(most of the time), and do it right the first time...
  19. jnrwood

I have to run 200' of buried cold water supply line from one building to another. The excavator thinks he can get down 2-3' before the ledge gets too hard to break up. yesterday he mentioned "maybe only 6" in places. 4 ft frostline here. Any good insulation methods that will be somewhat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks