Search results

1. ncplumber

ODD Sewage Odor--Need help to detect source

I would say that propane could be the culprit. Propane has a distinct garlic type odor, sewer gas has a distinct odor, and another popular culprit is a dead mouse. All can really wreak but to a "trained nose" can be distinguishable. I used to live in that area of Florida. Try to find a plumber...
  2. ncplumber

Looking for the best H-E Toilet under $300

Toto Drake: good toilet, in my opinion over priced a little, unless this market is higher since there's only one distributor. :) Kohler Cimmaron: Not getting good reviews here, but I have never had a complaint from the hundred or so that I have installed. :confused: American Standard...
  3. ncplumber

Leaking noise on Toto

Terry is right. I installed a Toto Vespin that did the same thing and drove me AND the customer to the brink of insanity... until we discovered it was the plastic trapway. It should stop after a moment. If it doesn't, check for a faulty flapper.
  4. ncplumber

Oatey Pipe joint compound on PVC sink trap and drain?

20 year plumber here, I use "Rectorseal T plus 2" pipe thread compound on the beveled edge where the ferrule makes contact, not on the threads. It will come apart years later just fine and is safe for use on pvc. I also tighten the middle nut first, then the back, then the top. Another thing I...
  5. ncplumber

Adhesive for PVC to ABS?

ABS and PVC expand and contract at different rates which can lead to failure of the solvent weld connection, even with the proper cement. If no room for a no-hub then ABS drain would be better. I would probably opt for a brass no-caulk shower drain and extend the ABS to accomidate with an ABS...
  6. ncplumber

Pegasus kitchen pull-down faucet: Good? Bad? Why?

Here's a good test when someone in the Ubersuper Store tries to sell you a faucet. Ask them if they have a cartridge in stock for that faucet. If not, be prepared to wait a week if, no, when it breaks. Same applies to a tankless water heater or a toilet. I personally would take Delta over...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks