Search results

1. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

total cost material: $1150 ($850 for the pump) 2 hr. of labor time for one person :$650
  2. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

you are correct yes, that is 60% profit margin ratio and a mark up of 150%. Perhaps someday someone will find this post and do the homework I did not do. I will share the itemized bill once I get it and see if this is what they did.
  3. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

oh, I do appreciate the work here is what I found on the pump, it's 3/4 12 gpm Myers the model# is same except the "plus" http://www.wwpp.us/myers/predator-2-wire.shtml Thank you to be clear about the PVC, I wish he took time to explain the bill to me instead of a quote of 1800-1900 and 3...
  4. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

learning yes, that would be nice if I knew what was up. All it happened was sudden lost of pressure and yes, it did come back when the service guy showed up. Until the tech figure out the switch was drawing 40 amp? instead of 5 and found no shorts, he then said my pump stuck in the well. I...
  5. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

thanks he did change the fittings, gauge, switch and wires but not the pvc. Once I get the detail report, I will call back and ask about the 8 gpm lie with a print out. Yeah, live and learn. I did (over)do my part in stimulating the economy and I bought American....
  6. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

bbb that is a way to look at. My friend swear by Angie's List but that is also a fee based service, right? I guess sometime we feel like we are in a fog and without any good recommendation and at the time of need, you just reach out to what seems right.
  7. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

I am glad it is done though :) you are right about professionalism, that is priceless. I guess when I work in my job and if I quoted something and I am way off on the amount of time it took, I would actually discounted from my quote, but that is just me. I guess the money is spent and well is...
  8. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

thanks guys I do think he is in the higher end and because he told me it will be 3 hours to do a complete job and it took him 2 and now I realized he did not even replaced the pvc but used the old one (perhaps that was what saved him the time). He basically can't write out the invoice in detail...
  9. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

thank you I guess I will know more when I get a break down of the cost rather than said FLAT PRICE on the invoice. I have water and that is what is important. Using the 60% profit will put the $500 part at $800-900 at best. Let's say the labor is 200 per that will put me at $1300, $500 for...
  10. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

more my friend is trying to tell me he get his installed for less than $600....hmmmmm
  11. duderunrunrun

Cost of pump replacement

We lost water pressure this morning and we called for service. It seemed the pump in the well outside was stuck and it was recommended for a replacement. The old pump's model was 8SP4DO2P-34 and it was replaced with 2ST72-12-P4 a Myers 3/4 12 GPM. It took little over 2 hours and he said the flat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks