Search results

1. Ingeborgdot

Pipe cover?

How is that tacky? I think they look a lot less tacky then they way the people had it. With a hole larger than the pipe so you can see into the wall. Where do you find the split plastic ones?
  2. Ingeborgdot

Pipe cover?

I am having a tough time finding a split one that says for 1/2 copper.
  3. Ingeborgdot

Pipe cover?

Went to our hardware store today and they had them but not for my size. The pipe coming out of the wall to the toilet is a 1/2". They had for 1/2" pipe or 3/4" copper but not 1/2" copper. I live 40 miles from Home Depot, so I am not going to drive there just to get one. I guess I need to...
  4. Ingeborgdot

Pipe cover?

I am not even sure what the name of this would be but here it goes. Coming out of the wall going to the toilet is the copper fitting which a flex tube is connected to. My question is about the copper pipe coming out of the wall. The hole around it is much bigger than the actually...
  5. Ingeborgdot

Remodeling bathroom with custom vanity question.

Thanks, that middle one might work. I will check into it.
  6. Ingeborgdot

I did not find it. Man, where do I go:confused::mad:
  7. Ingeborgdot

We are remodeling our bathroom and are having a custom cabinet done. We are looking for a specific style of handle but our custom builder just can't seem to find the handle we want that comes with varying sizes for different size doors that we want. We are looking for something similar to...
  8. Ingeborgdot

Wiring question?

Yep, I figured out what it was. The switch only had one cable going in to the switch. The other cable I thought was going into the switch was actually going to a junction box. I got it all wired and it works great. Thanks.
  9. Ingeborgdot

Wiring question?

Okay, let's see if I can explain this so people will understand me. I am going to wire a light switch to some new lights that I have in my garage attic which I have no problem doing and understand but have a question about an existing junction box that was in the attic. In the box was the...
  10. Ingeborgdot

Shower lighting question?

Are they saying halogen will be okay?
  11. Ingeborgdot

I just read this article. The new standard actually comes as part of the federal Energy Independence and Security Act, which was signed into law by President George W Bush in 2007. The rest of the country will adopt the standard on January 1, 2012, but California has been given the authority to...
  12. Ingeborgdot

I may be misunderstanding everyone. Are you saying that incandescent bulbs will become illegal? If so, that is not true. If you are not saying that then I will leave it at that. Here is what is actually happening and I am sure that is what you guys are trying to tell me. The law does not...
  13. Ingeborgdot

I am not going to put in a larger bulb than it calls for. I have light fixtures that can take 300 watts and I want to use all 300 watts. If the can calls for 75 than that's all I will use. Where do you find it that it is illegal to make incandescent bulbs?
  14. Ingeborgdot

You will have to show it to me where it says this because there is no law out there that says this. I will buy hundreds of incandescent lights and stock up until LEDs come down in price. I just bought 2 150 watt halogen bulbs plus another couple 100 watt ones also.
  15. Ingeborgdot

I like this, by law. What kind of a country are we starting to get where they dictate by law what lights you can put into something. All I know is that I will never have a CFL in my house. I have read too many negative things about the kind of electricity they produce and the bad crap they...
  16. Ingeborgdot

I am having an ICAT recessed 6" can put into my bath/shower area. It will have a shower trim over that. What is the largest Par30 watt bulb a person can put in that type of enclosure? Thanks.
  17. Ingeborgdot

Bathroom remodel (sheetrock wall question)

I suppose that would be okay, so lets hope we don't have to replace it. Taking it out would be easy enough cause we would break it up like I did with my old one, but getting a new one in would be a little harder I think. I guess that is what I will do.
  18. Ingeborgdot

Okay, let me see if I can explain why this my not work to do that. The tub is about18" away from the toilet. The guy that built the bathroom made it exactly 60" wide and 12' long. The tub I have is 60" long. 59 1/2" of wall won't work. Ideas?
  19. Ingeborgdot

I took down all the walls and am going to use new blue rock. I have run into a little craziness that can be solved but want some opinions. One of the things was some electrical wiring had been spliced behind the wall with only tape and no box. Got that fixed so no problem anymore. The other...
  20. Ingeborgdot

Flooring question.

Is there a laminate that looks like a 12 x 24 tile? Just curious because if there is I may go that route because I won't have to heat the floor. I can't stand cold tile and if I do the tile way then I will also need to spend to heat it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks