Search results

1. chazman

Amtrol (digital) Pump Control Switch

My current switch is Square D P/N 9013FSG2M4. Is there beefier, oversized contact rating, replacement switch for that? Also, which website/store would you recommend for ordering pump control switch? Thanks.
  2. chazman

Amtrol (digital) Pump Control Switch

Has anyone had any experience with using Amtrol on well pump setup ? This product seems like way more reliable and easier to adjust (but pricey at about $160). It seems like converting from points/condenser to electronic ignition on old cars, reliability wise. But I am not sure if I can use...
  3. chazman

Arcing Pump Pressure Switch!

Minerals in the water.... Yep, that makes a perfect sense! Our well water is very hard, indeed, and that must be it. BTW, do you have any preference in brands for the pump control pressure switch? When my previous Gould's jet pump went out, the pump guy removed the old Square D switch...
  4. chazman

Replacing a Goulds J10S 1 hp pump for home sprinkler system

Last time I had a pump guy replace my 1-hp Gould's jet pump, it cost me something like $1000. I wasn't there to watch it so I don't know the difficulty but he did it in a couple of hours.
  5. chazman

OK, thanks. I will try to clean the pvc tubing. The switch was installed by a professional pump guy about a year and it started to arc like that since about a couple of months ago. Question, I am guessing that dirt/debris in the pvc tubing is providing incorrect (or fluctuating) pump...
  6. chazman

My Furnas AS4FX pressure switch makes arcing like 2 to 3 times, sometimes even 4 times, when it is trying to shut off the pump when it reaches the cut-out pressure (50 psi). It does not cleanly shut off the current to the pump. But there is no arcing at all when it engages the current as the...
  7. chazman

Pump Control Cuts Off & On Repeatedly?

It won't shut off at once when tank reaches the set pressure (50? psi). It custs Off & On repeatedly really fast with lots of sparks for 4 to 5 times, then it shuts off. There are 2 spring/nut adjustments, large and small. Which one do I adjust to which direction, if that's where the solution is?
  8. chazman

Pump Control Cuts Off & On Repeatedly?

Recently my 1-year old Square D Pumptrol is not cutting off at once, but it takes 4-5 times of Off/On repeatedly then shuts off the pump when the set pressure is reached - I think it is set at 60 psi (told by pump guy when it was installed a year ago) but not too sure because the gauge went bad...
  9. chazman

Water Runs for a Minute then Stops

I have another well-pump related question for your experts out there. This one is 150' deep well. Water comes out from a faucet really strong for ONLY about a minute then gradually stops to barely dripping. Wait for a few hours and the same thing repeats. I thought the water level was low...
  10. chazman

Well Pump Dead? - Help!

OK, time to replace. Two more questions: Q1. Looking at my photo of the pump setup, did you notice that the bottom of the pump/motor assembly is not bolted to the ground (it is concrete slab but covered with dirt and hard to see in the photo)? I found that out while I was checking it out...
  11. chazman

Well Pump Dead? - Help!

Thanks gents. I'm surprised that it is a 1984 model (original! that's when the house was built). Is this the real model number - please attached photo. What would be an equivalent model no. that would be avail now?
  12. chazman

Well Pump Dead? - Help!

Hello All, I just joined this forum today in search of desperate help and advice. Our family have a small weekend get-away house which gets own water from a underground well (30'? deep). The house is in the mountain at 5600' elevation and the water is very hard/lots of mineral. The house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks