Search results

1. Retablo

1st Floor Bathroom remodel

I'm don't know how to link this thread any other way; But if I can assist. My reno required a bit of "out-of-the-box" thinking. https://terrylove.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1244684
  2. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

So embarrassed. I just went back and re-read my last post. I most certainly did not mean to say "least of all" when thanking Terry and Jim. I meant to say MOST of all. Sorry for that oversight. -Hal
  3. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

A few thoughts on the project: With all the continual hits to this "1924" thread I suppose I should add a few notes before I slip into forgetfulness. I LOVE Sharkbite fittings. So versatile, easy and in some situations cost effective compared to traditional ways. Embrace technology...
  4. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Lastly but not leastly..
  5. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

more still...
  6. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

More.
  7. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Back from the rabbit hole. Sorry I haven't kept current with project development but I've been too busy to even download images. Just a few details to attend to and this project will be but a bad memory. Compared to my kitchen reno, this was a B#%$h! (four pics max per post , What gives there?)
  8. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Shoot! I didn't think about that. Could have showered while sitting on the toilet. -H
  9. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Historically interesting.. How (common) bath floors were put down in 1890-ish: ps. Enlarge and read the "easy, how to do". I guess we just make a big deal about things like this these days. That's how I'm going to approach it; easy-does-it. Interesting formula for the deck mud. I...
  10. Retablo

mixing deck mud question

Basic I know, but I've never heard this asked. I'll be mixing 650 lbs of mud to complete my bath floor. Since I'll be doing it solo, mixing and laying, will there be a problem or concerns about it setting between mixes. Probably mixing 1/4 to 1/5 at a time. What precautions or techniques...
  11. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Ok you sadists... To top off a second 12 hour "delicate" rip-out" , I spotted this hanging "chad" of ancient (biblical age) Bx cable that I had disconnected from the only electrical feature, a single light bulb, 10 hrs. earlier. I previously had spent a couple hours rewiring...
  12. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Thanks for the responses so far! I'm going w/ reinforced deck mud. -H:)
  13. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

or: or, would a standard mud deck mix ( at 2.5") be stiff enough?
  14. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

Testing Idea #2 still pondering...pour a rather dry-ish portland cement bed (2.5") w/ pencil rebar to create a "floating" floor.(????) - H.
  15. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

how does this sound.. drop in 3/4" ply. Mud deck with 16/16-guage 2x2 wire mesh embedded.? I just need to calculate the amount of mix and sand . How do I do that with the Deck Mud Calculator since there won't be slope? Just over calculate?
  16. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

existing joist structure I can't factor a joist equation into this. Just can't. There is a bad joist or two...can only do minimal fix only. Sorry.
  17. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

subfloor question I'm deep in it. Gutted all , toilet, sink out. Tub next. Pulling old floor up to joists. There is currently 3" of material: 1/2 " flooring, mud deck, 1/8" tile. What do you suggest I use to restore floor height. I need the full 3" for rigidity. ps. replacing...
  18. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

I meant to put 8 feet long, not 7. Tub is 54". - H
  19. Retablo

1924... bathroom remodel

1924 was the last time this bath was Reno'd. Hey Guys, Hal here. Sure, it's got a toilet that's "just" 25 years young. And I put up donated tile five years later. The dimensions are a GYE-normous 3 X 7 feet! One has to exhale just to turn around in it. It's our only Bath. But we do have a half...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks