Search results

1. JackStephan2000

Hot water from cold faucets

the plumber got a new cartridge and replaced it. There was a problem with the old one because the spring mechanism was not working. However, I still have a problem if I keep the dial on the normal operating temeprature. I have to turn it to the coldest setting to avoid this problem. One more...
  2. JackStephan2000

What I have is the GS 5559 Series. This is a link to it: http://www.gsnorthamerica.com/Cilindra.html This is a link to the valve specifications: http://www.gsnorthamerica.com/1559.pdf I sheduled a plumber for Wednesday to come and see if we can fix the valve.
  3. JackStephan2000

I will try to get you the model number later if it's written on it or from my records. The valve has two dials, ON/OFF on top and temperature on the bottom.
  4. JackStephan2000

No I don't have a spout. When I search the web for similar Temretaure control shower valves, most of them have this button. I think it might be for quarter turn lock increments but I am not sure because it never worked properly on my shower handle.
  5. JackStephan2000

When I turn them (inwards), they get to a point where water starts to come out from the screw location, should I keep going in until they are tight and the water stops? I stopped when I saw water come out and turned the screw back to its original loation. Is it possible to fix the valve by...
  6. JackStephan2000

We got it!! Why it's happening is strange but this is the story and the short term solution: It turns out that the problem does not happen if we leave the thermostatic shower valve in the coldest postion, which we never do. We always kept the dial on the comfort showering temperature which...
  7. JackStephan2000

I think you are right about the cross connection. What I am saying about the outside sink is that the hot water pipe is connected to the cold faucet and vice versa, I doubt that's the cause. Now some history. Before I moved to the house I did some repairs and installed a shower with a...
  8. JackStephan2000

I doubt it's the pump, but to answer your questions, yes even after I empty the pipes, I shutdown the faucet for five minutes and open it back again and I get the same behavior.
  9. JackStephan2000

The water runs hot not just warm. It lasts few minutes then I start getting cold. I shut down, wait five minutes, then the same thing happens. I never timed because there are so many variants that can affect the duration.
  10. JackStephan2000

krow, I am sure hot water is going in the cold water supply but I still cannot figure out how would that happen. What is a cross connection? Do you mean Hot water connected to the cold side and cold water on the hot side of a faucet? Why would that cause a problem in the whole line as...
  11. JackStephan2000

I tried with the pump off and even with hot water return valve off and got the same problem.
  12. JackStephan2000

I moved to this two story house 5 years ago. Ever since, I get hot water from the cold faucets for few minutes until the water gets cold again. I removed the plug from the pump but the problem did not go away I closed the hot water return valve to stop the circulation but the problem did...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks