Search results

1. Will Jones

Circuit still has voltage?

Mikey To answer your questions. The unit I had connected to the socket doesn't put any load on the circuit when it is turned off. (After reading Bob NH's post, I realized my mistake in testing...see below) I made all voltage measurements from the socket slots...hot and neutral. Bob NH I took...
  2. Will Jones

Thanks for the quick response. I had a hunch that might be the issue, since my analog meter didn't show any voltage. I tried your suggestion, the voltage did drop but I still get a reading of 19.5 volts with an electrical item plugged in. By the way, if I have no item plugged into the socket...
  3. Will Jones

I built the attached looped circuit to switch a socket on and off. Once I built it, I find that with the switch in the "OFF" position, the socket measure 37.5 volts, using my digital volt meter. When I turn the switch "ON", the full 120 volts is registered on my volt meter, at the socket. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks