Search results

1. T

Is this washer drain ok?

So, Terry, I'm a little confused. In the picture showing a rough-in for a washer and a laundry tray. If the pipe above what will be the laundry tray is a vent. Isn't the pipe between the laundry sink and the drain for the washer a wet vent? Making the other vent in that picture redundant...
  2. T

Sweating Copper to Brass

Fire extinguisher All plumbers should have a fire extinguisher AND a bucket of water handy when working in a wall. But especially home handy men or when the water to the building is turned off. I have known of more than one house burned to the ground.
  3. T

Pipe Dope On Teflon Tape?

sometimes tape, sometimes dope I use tape on all straight forward thread pipe fittings. On three piece unions, plastic traps and compression fittings I use a small amount of Rector seal as a lubricant for the threads and to help out the compression seal.
  4. T

Antifreeze in heating system and leaving house for winter

My parents have a house on Cape Cod, MA, will be left empty for the winter. They close off the rooms with no plumbing and turn the heat in the main house down to the minimum. The heat is forced hot water with auto antifreeze. I have a few questions. Should this antifreeze be changed and...
  5. T

Problem with plumber

My parents have a seasonal house on Cape Cod, Mass. that they have had the same plumber close up, open up and check on every winter. He has another job on the cape with a plumbing contractor. This is just moonlight work. Last winter he never came. My parents called in the fall and got his...
  6. T

Preference for solder and flux?

I like the silver solder. Flows like the old 50-50 but without the lead. As for flux, I like the water soluble type. Don't get this on your hands and be sure to wipe off the joint and flush out the pipe as soon as possible. I find when I use other types of flux it can take months before the...
  7. T

3 way valve?

I'm calling it a 3 way valve because I don't know what else to call it. I'm looking for a valve that if installed, say in a toilet, would shut off or turn down the toilet fill while someone is using water elsewhere, say taking a shower. This would prevent someone from being scalded in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks